JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel for them. My wife & I fostered then adopted from the state. During the home study interview when they found out we had a firearm calling it a "mood killer" was an understatement. My gun was in a safe and in a locked room/vault to boot and they pooped them selves over that but could care less about the big knives in the butcher block on the kitchen counter, razor knives in my wifes craft room, and the axe and pitchfork in the tool shed.

This is just prejudice plain and simple. I can understand asking about and addressing guns, swimming pools, living near a hwy, 2nd story windows, fireplaces etc..
But once you've stated that you intend to keep the kid away from these things and are aware of basic principles of safety then why should a permit holder be treated different than a non permit gun owner?
Or even a Farmer who doesn't own a gun. Farms are DANGEROUS PLACES!! So are big Cities with traffic and living near an Ocean or near a Lake or near a............

I feel for them. My wife & I fostered then adopted from the state. During the home study interview when they found out we had a firearm calling it a "mood killer" was an understatement. My gun was in a safe and in a locked room/vault to boot and they pooped them selves over that but could care less about the big knives in the butcher block on the kitchen counter, razor knives in my wifes craft room, and the axe and pitchfork in the tool shed.

So... Your suggesting the similarity of knives, razors, Axes, and Guns?

Why that is Sacrilege!!!! Think of the Honor of being a Buthcher, a Tailor, or even OPPS, loggers are a no no...

Point of /sarcasm done....

It never fails to amaze me, the Increasing Levels of Stupidity...

I was talking to a friend, she happens to be a Sexual Trauma Therapist...

Guns came up somehow, and she shuddered the typical Liberal Mind Set Yuch...

I asked her straight out: so, you are telling me, that if I saw You, or any other Woman, being sexually Assaulted, that you would Prefer that I Not INTERVENE, by using my Hand Gun....

Have you ever seen a Deer, caught in your cars Headlights...

Yes, That Vacant.

philip :oops:

I guess I'm opposite, if I came into a home and found out the person had a permit id feel 10 times better about them. Because if you went out and got a permit you are probably much more responsible then the average citizen.

I have a lot of second-hand experience with the foster-care system through my sister who's been taking in foster kids for 30 years+.

Kids quite literally get put into "homes" that are run-down double-wides with "foster parents" who are on welfare where there are 3 kids to a bedroom.

But a nice, middle class family who have gone through multiple background checks BEFORE they apply to be foster parents are told "no thanks" because they have the temerity to exercise a constitutional right.

Social services has long been the domain of the most insane liberal incompetents in the country. I wouldn't get involved with the idiots for all the tea in China, because trust me, this case is just the tip of the iceberg. The routine mistreatment of foster parents, the neglect of a basic duty to protect children from REAL threats and the incompetence of the majority of social workers have turned the foster care system into the largest system of organized child abuse in the country. -second only to public schools.

Social services has long been the domain of the most insane liberal incompetents in the country. I wouldn't get involved with the idiots for all the tea in China, because trust me, this case is just the tip of the iceberg. The routine mistreatment of foster parents, the neglect of a basic duty to protect children from REAL threats and the incompetence of the majority of social workers have turned the foster care system into the largest system of organized child abuse in the country. -second only to public schools.

Sad but true, we found this out after the fact. Virtually none of the workers or therapists had their own children let alone foster or adopted kids. The workers all recommended openness with the bio parents yet every person we know first hand or interviewed that adopted foster kids said it turns into a confusing disaster, especially for the kids. By far the best therapist we had was the one who adopted 6 special needs kids into her family. Before she retired we were discussing the "system." She said she had to admit after working in it for over 20 years her opinion was the system does just as much damage as the abusive homes, just in different ways. Our son was in 8-11 homes. We don't even know the exact number because the paper trail is incomplete. One of his biggest struggles is "no one wants me, look at how many people got rid of me." The system did that to him not his drugged up bio-mom. It's a horribly difficult problem with no easy solutions but the flaming libs that pervade social work and live in unicorn rainbow land aren't helping.
Stepping down off my soap box now.:s0146:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top