JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am the organizer of a 'patriotic parade group' who dress out as American veterans and 'patrol' in our local 4th of July and Veterans Day parades. Since we are trying to accessorize accurately , the 'modern' troopers carry variants of the M16 and the appropriate magazines. Now with BM114, it appears that I'm going to have to get permission from the local constabulary to carry the correct mags in our gear, in the parades. I have already started to 'gin up' a draft of the letter and thought I'd share the idea, as I know I'm not the only guy out here who does parades and other public events with firearms.

Last Edited:
Yes, it would, BUT . . . if you read the entire section / subsection / paragraph, the display is somewhat limited in its content or purpose according to the Measure. Thus, in order to CYA, I'm thinking that an approved Okie-Dokie from the cops might be a real good idea.
I expect that it won't be as much an issue here in Central Oregon as it might be in say Portland or Salem. Additionally, in the past several years, I've never even received a side glance from the police while carrying an M4, Mk18, or 'Nam era XM177.
None the less, an approval would probably be a good idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top