JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

:mad:I have noticed a marked increase in preparedness messages sponsored by the government on both radio and television, in the last couple of months.
The "get ready, it's coming" messages are no surprise. After all, the terrorists now have access to the weapons of mass destruction. The chemical reapons that the liberals would have you believe never existed. The bad guys in Iraq have seized a very large chemical weapons depot, and have the wealth to do with as they please.
Now, I think our fearless leader Obama should mine the area of this chemical weapons depot. This can be done from the air.
However, seeing how this most ineffective president is not going to do anything to protect our homeland. Perhaps all of us should start paying attention to the survivalist nuts out there. LOL
Oh, and I won't be visiting any major US city for the foreseeable future.
MSgt Don

I hear you 5x5. And this part,,,, "Now, I think our fearless leader Obama should mine the area of this chemical weapons depot. This can be done from the air."

Did he Not just sign on to a landmines agreement???
Brilliant, I swear he has the brains of a Ruth Vader Ginsburg,, (Barrack, I am Your Mother!)
I'm just thinking out loud here, but I can't wait until the both of them go from SUCKS to SUCKED.

Actually is a weapons plant, and the stuff remaining there is contaminated and probably useless.

Shouldn't this be in the politics section anyway, since it has nothing to do with guns and is rife with political rancor?

But since you brought it up, the indisputable fact is if the Bush administration had not lied us into invading that country as they did, and then foolishly installing a Shiite government to the exclusion of the Sunni's, then this ISIS stuff would never have happened. Or it was Obama all along, forcing Bush and Cheney to do his bidding. Yeah, that's the ticket.

And another fact was the Saddam did get rid of the active chemweps that the UN inspectors found, but was invaded anyway.

Mostly agree with Doc, but ISIS would have occurred regardless - possibly in a different form, but it would have. They've been killing each other for centuries. Have you seen their propaganda films - Clanking of the Swords 1-4? They're killing random people, regardless of their religious beliefs. It's not just Sunni vs Shiite. It's more-so the self-proclaimed "Islamic State of Iran and Syria" versus anyone who currently lives in Iraq under the Shiite government.

Here we go. " if it wasn't for George Bush the world would be a great place." .
Well let's take a look at the liberals previous Messiah bill Clinton's roll in where we are at.

When the Monica Lewinsky scandal came to light Slick Willy bombed a pharmaceutical plant in the Sudan to draw attention away from himself.

he claimed the plant was producing chemical weapons for Saddam Hussein. in fact it was producing medicine for the citizens of the Sudan.

As a result many citizens of the Sudan died for lack of medicine.
Osama bin Laden blamed the US for these deaths and used it to recruit Muslim terrorist into al Qaeda and declared a jihad against the USA.

the big difference is George Bush didn't blame Bill Clinton for the8 years of his Presidency on the mess he inherited like Barack Obama does today

Here we go. " if it wasn't for George Bush the world would be a great place." .
Well let's take a look at the liberals previous Messiah bill Clinton's roll in where we are at.

When the Monica Lewinsky scandal came to light Slick Willy bombed a pharmaceutical plant in the Sudan to draw attention away from himself.

he claimed the plant was producing chemical weapons for Saddam Hussein. in fact it was producing medicine for the citizens of the Sudan.

As a result many citizens of the Sudan died for lack of medicine.
Osama bin Laden blamed the US for these deaths and used it to recruit Muslim terrorist into al Qaeda and declared a jihad against the USA.

the big difference is George Bush didn't blame Bill Clinton for the8 years of his Presidency on the mess he inherited like Barack Obama does today

Instead of looking to blame someone, how about offering a specific solution to a problem that directly affects me ? Quite frankly I do not care about Clinton and Lewinsky, or the bombing of the Sudan chemical plants. I do not think either of those directly affected me personally. The trillion dollars spent on a foolish war in the Middle has directly affected me. Just what did GB do ? I see he eliminated Saddam, who was keeping the three religious factions under control. We eliminated him, took lots of weapons of destruction over there, trained the troops, left the weapons and armorment and munitions and are coming home. What is the current situation after over a decade of lost money and people ? Well the 2% have more money, but I have less and more costs of daily life. Am I safer ? Actually I feel more at risk to some random act of violence. Egypt recent stated the current breakup in Iraq will lead to major conflict in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt. The whole region is considerably more unstable than it has ever been thanks to the invasion and elimination of Saddam. Blame Obama all you want, as it keeps you from coming up with a realistic solution. I feel better after my rant, I hope you do also.

Ok, so while I'm all on-board with the preparedness thing... There are some huge holes in your story.

In the last few years a number of things have changed greatly in the middle east in a way that doesn't fit the media narrative at all, and it seems the "national security experts" are falling flat when it comes to analysis, so here's a bit of review:

1) Syria - This is currently going into year 3, pretty much what happened when we started drawing forces down in iraq, all the syrians who were pouring over the border to get in their weekly helping of jihad suddenly had no one worth shooting at. So they went home, but grew restless until they decided to start shooting at Assad's forces. If you think about it, it's a lot more conveinient, you don't even need to drive all that way to get your jihad in.

2) Iraq - While syria is now reaping the jihad it tried to sew in iraq, iraq has essentially been purging it's military, taking competent officers and booting them from the army to make room for the politically connected. In the midst of this, iraq sent a Shiite brigade into syria to aid assad about 6 months ago, the sunni opposition (FSA, ISIS, etc) sat down for a minute and said "hey, wait a minute... f those guys" and pushed into iraq. Given the lack of leadership, inefficient officers and NCOs the iraqi police and army have largely been steamrolled in the north and west of the country.

3) Russian intervention - In the midst of all this, many of the jihadis fighting in syria are starting to realize that their old enemy russia (who is really the only super-power support for Assad) is a lot closer and easier to go cause problems for than the US. I mean they can walk to russia, but if they want to get to the US they need to get on a boat or fly, which means a lot more exposure. Remember only a few months ago at the winter olympics? Bombings were going on all over southern Russia.

4) Sectarian conflict in the middle east - The civil war that started in syria, has now spread to iraq as well as lebanon is setting up a much wider conflict, where the sunni ISIS is looking at itself in a wider context as a defender of the faith. In that context neither the US nor Russia account for much, we are infidels, but to their world view it's much better to be an infidel than a heretic, which is how they view the Shiites, this includes those who are in control of iraq as well as the iranians. Unfortunately for shia islam, two of it's most holy monuments are in iraq, and are being protected by an ineffective army. This is why we're seeing iranian revolutionary guards showing up in iraq and fighting ISIS.

Based on the above, if there were left over chemical weapons in the area that ISIS got it's hands on, they wouldn't even bother shipping them over here... they have loads of opportunities to use them on shiite heretics and iranians.

As far as I'm concerned, this funeral pyre needs more gasoline. I don't think we should be dropping landmines, I think we should be dropping crates of AK ammo and RPGs, oddly enough I think we should be supporting ISIS... they will take care of that whole "iranian nuclear program" problem we've been having. Every day shiites and sunnis are killing each other in their homeland means another day of terrorism free western world.

This whole thing doesn't look like a reason to be alarmed, it looks like friggin christmas.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top