JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt SSA's are great!!!
If you like that sort of thing! LOL!!! I have nothing against them, in fact I shoot them rather well. It's just that I could never justify the price of them compared to a quality DA revolver. I have seen a revolver (DA) tie up but it's daddy was a cheap reload shooting, never cleaning, oil squirter! Thing was a ball of gunk.

As a BTW, when I was a kid my folks had a friend that was a serious collector. He had one of the old fashioned fold out couches that had a box for bedding in the bottom and that thing was full to the gunnels with nice SSA's, he had lost count of the numbers but in excess of 200! Boy my eyes got big when he opened that couch!

Colt SSA's are great!!!
If you like that sort of thing! LOL!!! I have nothing against them, in fact I shoot them rather well. It's just that I could never justify the price of them compared to a quality DA revolver. I have seen a revolver (DA) tie up but it's daddy was a cheap reload shooting, never cleaning, oil squirter! Thing was a ball of gunk.

As a BTW, when I was a kid my folks had a friend that was a serious collector. He had one of the old fashioned fold out couches that had a box for bedding in the bottom and that thing was full to the gunnels with nice SSA's, he had lost count of the numbers but in excess of 200! Boy my eyes got big when he opened that couch!

Did they make COLT SAA way back then, I know they didn't start making them till 1873?:D:D:rolleyes:

Even today you see really poor marksmanship from the average cop under pressure. That last murder done by a cop he shot 8 rounds at a huge target that wasn't even shooting back and he still only hit the guy 5 times. I wonder what would happen if they went back to revolvers?
The Austin cop who made a 102 yard shot with a S&W M&P .40 is an exception, but some can shoot, some can't

image.jpg
This is one of three ever made by Smith & Wesson factory custom shop/Performance Center back in the 70's I believe.
It's a model 58 frame which was a fixed sight N frame .41 Magnum, it's been equipped with a model 29 .44 Magnum cylinder and custom 3.25" barrel with modified front sight to work with the fixed grooved rear, and the frame was also modified to a round butt before they standardized the N frame round butt so our modern Round butt grips wouldn't fit because it's slightly different profile, the stocks are custom by Keith Brown, spalled maple I think. Pretty awesome huh! I found it when digging around on the S&W forum it doesn't belong to me but I wish it did, I've never seen it I'm real life but I'm sure it would be an AWESOME PACKING PISTOL. I think the barrel is 3.25" might be 3"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top