JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
emailtplheader-new.jpg
: Oregon legislators are meeting today, December 17, to discuss gun violence prevention issues.

Tell them that gun violence prevention must be a priority issue in 2016.

On December 14, 2012--the same day of the Sandy Hook Massacre--the Oregon legislature was meeting in a special session to address tax relief for Nike. If Nike can have a special session for tax relief, our kids and families deserve to have gun violence prevention relief in 2016--especially after the largest mass shooting in Oregon's history!

Oregon's House and Senate Judiciary Committees are meeting today in Salem to discuss gun violence prevention. Please take a few minutes to tell Senate Judiciary Chair Prozanski and House Judiciary Chair Barker that you want action in 2016 to stop gun violence. The legislators' emails, phone numbers and are listed below.
What: Call your legislator and the legislators listed below.
Why: Your message will influence the gun violence prevention bills that legislators choose to consider in 2016.

How: The names, phone numbers and emails are listed below along with talking points but it's good to use your own words.

When: Please call or email today. Then call again because the gun lobby does. (Print out this sheet as a handy reference for next time.)

Talking points:
  1. In the aftermath of Oregon's largest mass shooting, we expect our legislators to take significant action to stop gun violence.

2. The short legislative session in 2016 is not an excuse. The gun violence is not taking 2016 off and our legislators should not either!

3. Legislators should consider bills that will increase standards of gun ownership, require all firearms to be secured, close the "Charleston loophole," and a Lethal Violence Protection Order.

4. For more information visit Ceasefire Oregon.
  5. Oregon Legislators:
Senate Judiciary Committee Chair Floyd Prozanski Please thank Senator Prozanski for his critical work to pass SB 941.
503-986-1704

House Judiciary Committee Chair Jeff Barker Chair Barker was one of three Oregon Democrats who voted against SB 941.
503-986-1428

Senate President Peter Courtney
503-986-1600

House Majority Leader Jennifer Williamson
503-986-1436
House Speaker Tina Kotek
503-986-1
Senate President Pro Tempore Diane Rosenbaum
503-986-1721
Senator Majority Leader Ginny Burdick
503-986-1718

Senate Republican Leader Ted Ferrioli
503-986-1950
Governor Kate Brown
503-378-4582

Find your Oregon legislator here.
Thank you for taking time today to help stop gun violence in Oregon.
Penny, Joanne, Monica and the entire Ceasefire Oregon Team

separator.png
Visit Ceasefire Oregon or Donate today.

twitter-icon.png Twitter facebook-icon.png Facebook email-icon.png Email

Last Edited:
The meeting is today. It's a little late to call and send emails after the fact. Please don't offer the Ceasefire website as a source of information. Everyone here gets the OFF notifications. If you're going to click on a website, please make it a 2A friendly one instead of adding visits to Ceasefire. It increases their revenue and fuels their feeling of credibility.

And if you're not getting the OFF notifications and legislative updates, why not?

Let's counter attack Cease Fire's efforts by us calling our legislators. How are they going to legislate a law to change the minds of mass shooters, terrorists, pipe bomb makers? Instead they could focus on identification of high risk students or citizens in the schools or the community with school, mental health and police intervention. They could change the mental health commitment rules to allow for 48 hour observation--which was eliminated years ago. Background checks to prevent a mass shooting or terrorist attack is a complete failure. Maybe others have ideas.

From what I saw, it didn't have anything to do with gun control. The thing is, not a single person here can trust Prozonski. No matter what he says or does, his past actions make you wonder what kind of BS he's really up to. Reminds me of the old saying about being careful about the guy patting you on the back, he's looking for a place to stick the knife.

Last Edited:
Legislators have their own socio-nazi agenda, just look what they did with SB941...

The only thing they will understand is being defeated during their bid for re-election... Period...

Whoever the incumbent is, if they voted against your rights and the State Constitution, then vote against them... Plain and simple...

Chuck Riley isn't even man enough to respond to calls or emails... At least Bruce Starr would respond, let Chuckie know that too....

But being he's one Bloomberg's Lackeys, I guess that's understandable that he's to
Ignorant to respond to his constituents...

There were a couple of things that I thought were interesting about the hearing. First was inviting an author to speak remotely. Just not sure what he contributed other than his observations of mass killings. The stories about people wanting to inject themselves into the situation were disturbing. It would have never occurred to me that there were unqualified and unwanted people that wanted to get to the survivors and family of victims just so they could be a part of it. Frankly, I saw that as another example of the existence of evil.

I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a summary with take-aways and proposed actions. Almost as if it was simply an educational exercise with no real purpose other than to give the participants a good feeling about themselves.

"Legislators should consider bills that will increase standards of gun ownership, require all firearms to be secured, close the "Charleston loophole," and a Lethal Violence Protection Order."

:s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

Or they'll do what?

"increase standards of gun ownership"-- So in order to be gun owner; I imagine the standard would be that I have to reach some level of goodness on par with a combination of Mormon schoolboy and Mother Theresa, complete 3,000 hours of Delta Force gun handling, followed by a practical test administered by SEAL Team 6 and then wait the mandatory 2 years while my fingerprints and toeprints are checked across every major database and everyone I have ever known gets to weigh in on my character.

We already have a standard, and it is working out pretty good.

"require all firearms to be secured"--
Yep, just checked. Right there on my hip. Got that covered.

"close the "Charleston loophole,"--
Unless you are ready to repeal about 16 laws right off the top related to mental health and medical records and mandatory reporting; along with getting the FBI to do their job, then good luck on that one.

"and a Lethal Violence Protection Order." -- Yeah, don't get the non lethal kind....

I am amazed that these people remember to breathe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top