JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have an 1845 Allen & Thurber Pepperbox. Of course the hammer spring(?) dropped off. There is a very small square retainer to keep it on I assume but it will not stay together. Apparently I'm not installing it correctly. Any help would be extremely appreciated. If it ever gets back together I will never go near the hammer or trigger again! Cannot find online a good view or instructions.

It appears I was not too clear in my pepperbox explanation. I have not lost any pieces. It just seems the pieces (hammer spring and keeper) do not stay together. It would seem I am not assembling them correctly although I do not see any other way but there must be. Photo coming. Thanks all.

Not sure if the pepperbox photo will show up here. As you see the main spring connects underneath the small hook and the keeper, the very small square with the hole in it (above the gun, out of photo), I would assume, secures the large main spring to the smaller hook below it (in photo now, not hooked up). However when hooked all up together, it will just fall apart. See Attachment???

Pepperbox 1.jpg

It looks like the little "Keeper" could be put on in any of four ways, three of which are the same, but one way the space between the square hole and the adjacent edge is quite a bit farther, have you tried it both ways? Looking at it I can't understand what the keeper does, that is, how it's supposed to work.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top