JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I just had my Sabre LE OC spray leak on me. I guess the lock got turned and it leaked all over and it got on my hands and in the air in my truck. Now my nose is burning and I'm cpughing a bunch. I rubbed my nose with my hands because it started burning, that was before I realized what happened. So now it really burns, and I have a sore throat. I barly got any of it and its bad. Ide hate to get sprayed with it! Just letting you guys know, the little safty is junk!

That happened to me too long ago with a pocket unit. Just a little squirt, but it was a nasty experience for my fingers! When I carry that style I often find the tab has self-rotated off safe.

Now I mostly use Mace brand with the flip-top safty over the button. Never a misfire.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the "Mace Pepper Gun"! It really does reach fifteen to twenty feet!.........................elsullo :s0155:

I think they have what is called a "cop top". I'm not ever buying that crap again! I threw it away. Ill stick to a gun or knife. I've noticed it off safe before but it never leaked. It feels like I have a cold and parts are burning.

I think chemical spray devices are WONDERFUL! You can make a badguy flee or shut down without making anybody bleed---much less paperwork that way!

The key is to get a quality brand in a reliable form! I once completely collapsed a pair of huge Crip gang sisters who were trying to stab me for defending another woman that they had just stabbed. Another time, seven Crips and wannabees told me they were gonna thump me---all I had to do was hold up my two-ouncer, and they backed down and left.

You can pull a gun, and they might say, "You wouldn't dare use that, you'll get arrested!" Or you can pull your spray, and they'll KNOW that you WILL use it without fear. And if you use it and still have to pull a gun, you can tell the jury that you did all that you could to NOT shoot somebody......................elsullo :cool:

Sounds like the pepper spray works just fine, just need to change the method of carry.

Thanks for the heads up on the Mace brand Elsullo, I've been looking for a smaller flip top.

Sounds like the pepper spray works just fine, just need to change the method of carry.

Thanks for the heads up on the Mace brand Elsullo, I've been looking for a smaller flip top.

The Mace brand mini-canisters have an extension with finger-grooves down the side of the canister on the nozzle side, so that your hand instinctively knows where the aim is. No need to fumble and look at the canister to see where the nozzle points.

A word about POTENCY: First, all sprays get weaker with time, and are nearly useless after a couple of years. A quality brand has an EXPIRATION DATE on the CAN so you can keep track. Second, the key measure of an effective pepper spray is "Two Million Scoville Heat Units," and this can be achieved in a TWO PERCENT pepper concentration. Five percent pepper is plenty! Yet most manufacturers are in marketing competition so they feature ten and even fifteen percent pepper because they think that will sell better. Such a high concentration is superfluous and actually makes the spray gummy and gives less distance ability. No kidding, a "weaker" spray works better.

The very best version of Mace has both Capsicum Pepper AND CS/CA nerve-irritant gas. An estimated five percent of humans and an unknown percent of dogs are totally immune to pepper spray, so the CS is there to get at those few.......................elsullo ;)

Elsullo, if it expires, how do you dispose of it properly? I really wouldn't want to just throw it in the trash.

I have often thought of emptying old pepperspray canisters by holding them out my truck window when somebody is tailgating me and spraying till empty! :D

But I would not worry about the trash. Urban garbage goes to certified landfills which have impervious plastic sheeting beneath them and then ultimately are buried with layers of more trash, and finally a layer of dirt and another sheet of plastic. Even if the canister is crushed and bursts, the garbage don't mind.....................elsullo :p

As I work in homeland security I have all ways used Punch OC and when I break the seal I use the whole can on the bad guy then buy a new can I keep three or four of the cans in my war bag I have never had an issue with it leaking i did have one empty completely on me when the can got pierced by the chain link fence i chased a perp over once. But lucky for me it was end of shift and i use kydex gear hosed it off then washed with Dove soap. But Punch I swear by it and its the hottest OC on the market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top