JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gotta say I love what's happened to my sweetheart since she became addicted to running 10K 3-4 times a week. She does the iPhone on the upper armband thing, listens to her favorite music and just hammers out the miles. Cool for her, cool for me.

But what I don't like is the fact that she often runs alone in remote locations. She's alert, and certainly capable of avoiding a potential attack, but I'd like to see her carry her pepper spray (she knows how to use it) affording her an added opportunity to escape if things get urgent.

Is anyone aware of an iPhone armband with an extra slot in it for a small pepper spray? She doesn't like fanny packs or things in her pockets, but she says she'll wear a pepperspray/iPhone sleeve if I can find her one.

Thanks in advance for leads.

How come she doesn't carry a gun in a SmartCarry holster?

Because she is running. If someone is going to do something, she has a better chance to grab her knife, slash and run. Ever tried to run long distances with something bouncing off your hip? She can carry the knife and give herself reasonable protection against perceived threats. I would rather she carry her Glock 19, but life is about compromise.

Those squirt-squirt little pepper spray things you get at 7-11 are worthless (something that would fit in an I-phone container), so I'd vote knife. The exception would be a Kimber Pepper Blaster.

You can buy a little canister of Sabre OC which is small enough to fit on your keychain. If she carries a key ring with her, it'll fit, even if not I'm sure there's some way you could attach it to the armband, maybe a little piece of velcro or something. I can personally vouch for Sabre, as I've been sprayed by it and well, it was one of the worst days of my life lol.

Gotta say I love what's happened to my sweetheart since she became addicted to running 10K 3-4 times a week. She does the iPhone on the upper armband thing, listens to her favorite music and just hammers out the miles. Cool for her, cool for me.

But what I don't like is the fact that she often runs alone in remote locations. She's alert, and certainly capable of avoiding a potential attack, but I'd like to see her carry her pepper spray (she knows how to use it) affording her an added opportunity to escape if things get urgent.

Is anyone aware of an iPhone armband with an extra slot in it for a small pepper spray? She doesn't like fanny packs or things in her pockets, but she says she'll wear a pepperspray/iPhone sleeve if I can find her one.

Thanks in advance for leads.

I run with the same armband (the elastic with the phone slot, right?) I have a can of Sabre Pepper Spray

Amazon.com: SABRE Advanced 3-In-1 Police Strength Pepper Spray - Compact Canister with Clip - 5Xs more spray than the Competition: Sports & Outdoors

If I dont listen to tunes (and as such dont have a band to clip it on, I use one of these:

Amazon.com: SABRE RED Police Strength Pepper Spray - Runner Model with Hand Strap & 35 shots, 5Xs more than the competition for max protection!: Sports & Outdoors

I know I should carry a gun, but my only option with what I wear would be a belly band. No thanks.

Anyway, both of those served me well, and I think your gal will be ok with them too.

Edit:

Some people are recommending a neck knife. Nothing wrong with that if she can stand it. But it pisses me off to have things around my neck while I run. The spray has worked fine for me.

Went to the gun show the other day and finally found pepper spray with a clip on the side, like a pocket knife. I picked up some pink ones for my sweetheart, her daughter and her best friend - all runners. They clip right into the armband next to an iPhone, and they have keychain rings, too.

I explained to the teen that pepper spray doesn't mean she can now go places that she wouldn't before without it. And I'm not delusional enough to think everyone is suddenly all safe, but any little edge a gal can have if some weirdo gets fresh is better than nothing at all.

I'm told they should be replaced every year, and ours are 4-5 years old. So we'll have a little training session with those.

That's a very good point. It's taken me 6 months to get her carry the pepper spray. I suppose I could ask her to ditch the music now, but she'd probably test it out on me! Gotta love independent women...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top