JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess my point is, be as prepared as you feel necessary but don't loose sleep over it. Live everyday as it is the gift is it and be happy. I see so much worry and fuss over what may or may not come to pass. I have some gold and silver, guns, food......ect., but am not going to get gray hair over what I should or shouldn't have. (I already have gray hair!) Yes we are all going to die someday and I HAVE found happiness and am persuing more :) When and if the SHTF, I don't plan on whining or mooching off of anyone and will hopefully be able to help some. I'm just going to go play with my granddaughter now instead of worrying about if I should or should not buy some more silver...............

i've been in the gold market since before the 1980 rush when my dad got in at 195 an oz. buying Krugrands,

my father ofton spoke of his dad and the escapades he went through to hide his stash of coins during the gold confiscation that took place in 1933. by law you where forced to give it up for $ 20.57 , later Rosevelt, the last Facist president, came out and re-Valued it at 35.00, this created an instant 70% inflation, later the banks all had "Bank Runs" and failed, my grandfather lost $ 1,900 cash, he went to get payroll that week, at that time you got paid in cash, social security had not been invented yet , when you went to the safety deposit box in the bank, you could not open it without an IRS agent on hand to talley what you had, and confiscate your gold, i mean exchange it for paper, and pay taxs on everything you had in the box. all contracts written to settle in gold, as was the law at the time, ( which was what the constitution was to protect ) where nullified, you where screwed over by the government, just like anyone who held GM bonds was screwed out of there money.

remember: gold is the currency of nations, silver is the currency of gentelmen, barter is the currency of peseants, debt is the currency of slaves, fiat ( the dollar with no gold backing ) is the currency of "Thieves".

I care not who is the puppet that sits on the throne, as long as i control the volume and the value of the currency. Barron Von ROTHSCHILD.

when you hold silver or gold in your possesion, there is no counter party risk, it does require responsibility, prudence, wisdom, common sence, and more, just as it does to have firearms in your possesion, you will not have one without the other for very long.

all the best gentlemen,

$47.89 and the sky is the limit. I'd just as soon it stay low for a while, but I'l take it.

11:35pm as I head to bed for the night, I see that silver is trading at 49.29 on the overseas market. (up over 5% from Thursday's close).
Gold at 1517.50 is up by 0.78%.

Over the last 2 years I've invested in both at a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio of gold vs silver. Sure wish it was the other way around.
My first gold coin was at about $990 (so it has appreciated by just over 50%)
At the same time I also got a few silver rounds at $14 and change. These have more than tripled.

I'll say this once... If you've been on the fence, BUY TOMORROW!
Market has taken a dip, many people sold today, I doubt you'll have a better chance.
But of course, maybe you shouldn't, after all buying silver is silly!

Disclaimer: I am not a financial analyst nor do I have any investment training, I'm just sayin'!

You are absolutely "Right" ,, there is a saying in the metals business, Bad money drives out good money, accumulate a little every month, when fiat money ( paper ) is no longer accepted, then you spend "Constitutional Money" buy the dips, don't spend any more than you can do without for the next 6 months, i have used this rule for 20 years and sleep well every night, right now i can buy 2 gallons of diesel for one 1964 quarter that i pirchased for 3 dollars a year ago. any one else.

If the "system tanks", you won't be trading silver for cash, silver will BE cash. As it once was.

Looks like we're getting a pullback in the overseas market. That's actually a good healthy thing, especially for silver.
However, if gold drops too much we could have a short term reversal.
There had been a lot of stories about precious metals lately, and more than a few casting doubt on the market (tag lines such as "is the run over").
I smell the big boys trying to push the market lower. Maybe they have taken new short positions and are hoping to make some cash if they can cause a correction.

Found a couple 1922 Liberty dollars (90%) and a 1971 Eisenhower dollar (40%) at the Afghan bazaar. Got all three for $40 total. Not bad at current prices. Bought a couple silver bracelets before I went on leave last month also, and from the weight I'm pretty sure I did alright simply on the silver content alone, although there's no guarantee of purity on that.

These guys aren't exactly keeping up with the market frenzy for silver, apparently.

Careful Bastidge! I got a big pile of fake silver coins directly from Afghanistan right next to my keyboard here.
Weight and diameter parsed them out as fakes immediately, but I only paid a $1 each, including a Liberty Dollar!
If you see a pile of different currency coins and they are all the same diameter, look out!

Careful Bastidge! I got a big pile of fake silver coins directly from Afghanistan right next to my keyboard here.
Weight and diameter parsed them out as fakes immediately, but I only paid a $1 each, including a Liberty Dollar!
If you see a pile of different currency coins and they are all the same diameter, look out!

Also, look at the rim of the coin. It better be silver and silver only. Also, if the coin is big enough (I've only tried it with 1oz rounds), it will make a very distinctive sound when dropped on a hard surface (especially if you don't drop it flat, but let it wobble a bit).

As a totally useless side-note, it is pretty funny/sad that a fake 1oz silver coin has more intrinsic value than a $1FRN does. :s0114::s0058:

Edit: (I should have said "more intrinsic value than any FRN note." That would have been more accurate.)

Pretty sure these are real. There were a bunch of other ones that were obvious repro's, not even an attempt at forgery, just reproductions.

Good job :) Makes ya wonder how a couple of real ones got mixed in with the repros. Those souk folks usually don't make such blatant pricing mistakes (at least that was my experience when dealing with those guys). They must not be looking at Kitco often enough. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top