JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I solved my everyday carry issue by buying an OWB holster and open carrying now. I'm also waiting for a sneaky petes strictly for the places I'm not supposed to be carrying. As for the round chambered I don't know if its because I've had so many wheel guns but keeping a round in the pipe has never bothered me. To each their own though, I can see how it might make someone nervous

I carry a Beretta 96 Centurion or a Taurus 740 Slim. I always carry with one in the chamber, de-cocked and safety on. First trigger pull will always be DA on either weapon.

The Taurus 740 Slim is SA / DA, you can not chamber a round and decock it. The DA function is soley for double strike capability. This is also why the trigger pull has a ton of free travel in SA mode.
Don't mean jump in your stuff, just want accurate info out there, that's all.

To PBinWA, I think that anyone who's read this thread gets your side of the story, even if most of us disagree with your point of view. And if you would just state your point of view and stop, this thread would be half as long.

Je-Sus! get a life already.

To PBinWA, I think that anyone who's read this thread gets your side of the story, even if most of us disagree with your point of view. And if you would just state your point of view and stop, this thread would be half as long.

Je-Sus! get a life already.

Actually, if you look back on this thread, I did state my point. I was then forced to defend it. It's those that choose to attack my point of view with insults and outlandish statements that need to get a life. We gun owners are our own worst enemies - we eat our own over the stupidest of issues.

Interesting dialog.
I carry the way I carry to suit me. What everyone else does for carry condition should be what makes them comfortable.
With that said:
Merry Christmas

Being able to hit someone at 50 yards doesn't sound like self defense...

Any distance doesn't sound like self defense until you get all the facts. Here is a hypothetical :

Open park, no obstacles. You're walking your pudel, when a person approaching you from 50 yards away opens fire on you. You could run, but it could be a hundred yards to nearest cover. You are a good shot, so you engage the threat at 50 yards.

Questions ?

Any distance doesn't sound like self defense until you get all the facts. Here is a hypothetical :

Open park, no obstacles. You're walking your pudel, when a person approaching you from 50 yards away opens fire on you. You could run, but it could be a hundred yards to nearest cover. You are a good shot, so you engage the threat at 50 yards.

Questions ?

Whats a pudel?

Whats a pudel?

Rosa_pudel.jpg

What if you miss? I think that you could justify the shot if there was a concrete wall behind the threat. I would bet that under the pressure of coming under fire anyone without extensive combat experience would be very hard pressed to make that shot while staying clear of incoming chunks of lead.

What if you miss? I think that you could justify the shot if there was a concrete wall behind the threat. I would bet that under the pressure of coming under fire anyone without extensive combat experience would be very hard pressed to make that shot while staying clear of incoming chunks of lead.

Aspect of liability and abilities of the defensive shooter is another matter. Question was whether a defensive shoot can happen at an extended range, and I tried to illustrate that i can.

Everyone has the right to decide how safe, or prepared they choose to be. Frankly, I don't care how or if other people carry a firearm, or if they don't have fire extinguishers in their house, as those are all individual decisions. I'm quite comfortable with the decisions I have made, and as long as everyone else is comfortable with their decisions I don't see any problem.

Stating why people have opinions is one thing, but after a while continuing to try to convince other folks that their opinion is wrong and why other opinions are more right is much like arguing about religion or politics. For those who choose to not wear life jackets while boating, just don't be surprised if I decide that I don't want to drown trying to rescue you.

I always keep one in the chamber. I figure that I will not have enough time to rack the slide on my GLOCK and then engage a threat. If I have to pull my gun, I want it to be ready to fire because if I pull it that's where I feel I have to be prepared to go. By this I simply mean that if you carry a gun and you pull it out of the holster you have to be ready to escalate to using deadly force or you are putting yourself in more danger than if you were not armed at all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top