JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mr. Noir is the Thomas Sowell of the Gunnies, i.e. one of the most intelligent and articulate people in the field. (I wish Professor Sowell could have been POTUS but he is too honorable a man to be involved in politics.) However, I would respectfully disagree as to whether a 9mmP is sexy. Some are, some aren't. A Hi-Point is as sexy as cat puke. A Glock is as ugly as a mud fence, but you can't argue its functional practicality. A Korth or Korriphila is an exquisite example of engineering and craftsmanship. A Sig 210 is a work of art that a peon could actually hope to save for and shoot. Everything Mr. Noir says about the practicality of the 9mmP is true. It must have something going for it or it would not be so popular throughout the word. Unlike a foxxy car, the purpose of a pistol is not to attract foxxy ladies. The vehicle for that is a Harley or Indian (extra points for sidecar).

I like his videos. The two he had on Customers and Sellers to watch out for in a gun shop are pretty funny. A lot of people take his videos like this a bit to serious when you can tell he is obviously joking. But seriously go check those out.

I guess I'm missing something with this guys popularity,cause he seems about the same as most of the narcissists that need to be on you tube.
I kinda got lost and thought he was talking about himself there.

I guess he ran out of reviewing stuff.

door.gif

That's what I need is a gun that other people like. What the heck. I chose my pistol based on reliability, and a balance between stopping power and capacity. Ammo availability was also a major factor. I carry .380, .38sp, 9mm, .40, or .45 depending on the day. There are no winners in a head butt and there are no winners in a 9mm, .40, .45 caliber argument either. Only thing that matters is that the CC'er knows where his strengths and weaknesses lie. You have them no matter what caliber you shoot.

I carry a 9mm.......I would be more than happy to meet any of you and see if my 9mm is really as whimpy as you think.
We'll go shot for shot. I'll go first. If your still alive you can shoot me, deal?

You guys that think it's too small probably also drive diesel lifted Dodge PU, whatever else you need to "look" manly.

I do maintenance for a living, I carry a 9mm, my rifle is a .223/.556, and I have small girl hands.
I have yet to meet someone that made me look less manly than themselves. And yet to get my a$$ kicked.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

A post about this video from his Facebook page:

"For the people who did not quite understand that my teaser video was all tongue in cheek. Here is the gun I carry (Glock 19). Relax. The video is a beginning to a series of video where I poke fun people and their caliber choice. I think it's ok to laugh at ourselves every once in a while."

Dear Mr Noir,

My lady rewards me on a very regular basis for being reliable. Just sayin'.

Sincerely,
A Guy Who Subscribes to Your Channel, and Carries 9mm*

*or .40 S&W.

Exactly...

and how many women end up divorcing their husband because they are UN-reliable.

I carry a 9mm.......I would be more than happy to meet any of you and see if my 9mm is really as whimpy as you think.
We'll go shot for shot. I'll go first. If your still alive you can shoot me, deal?

You guys that think it's too small probably also drive diesel lifted Dodge PU, whatever else you need to "look" manly.

I do maintenance for a living, I carry a 9mm, my rifle is a .223/.556, and I have small girl hands.
I have yet to meet someone that made me look less manly than themselves. And yet to get my a$$ kicked.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

Wow... You're a serious dude! ;)

Following on from Mr clearconscince - not only did I carry an issue 9mm Browning GP35 as my side-arm for almost 33 years, I carried it AND a Walther PP in .308ACP as my back-up gun in civilian clothes when in Northern Ireland. True, the Browning had a 20-round mag and four spares around in the car, but then it shared ammunition with my HK MP5K and its five magazines. My little Walther PP - formerly my dad's - was loaded with eight rounds of 90gr Winchester JHP - a sure attention-getter at the across-car distances we usually encountered in a car-jacking. The MP5K was in case we needed to shoot further than car to sidewalk distances - a rare occurrence indeed.

As a result I never felt under-gunned.

One of my sergeants and a corporal engaged four IRA terrorists at a road block one afternoon, shot two dead on the spot, left one dying and the other severely punctured, from which state, I'm happy to relate, he completely failed to recover. Never underestimate the effects of a faceful of 9mmPara from less than a yard - trust me - they really do work.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads