JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my guess is urban explores. In highschool back in the early 90's I spent a lot of time at Witch's Castle. In the summers when the stream flow was low enough you could easily walk into the tunnel where the creek enters the viaduct system under NW Portland. I never went too deep, but the word was you could take the viaducts all the way to the Willamette River. Often you would hear all kinds of weird bubblegum echoing up from the tunnels in NW Portland.

A property management & contractor are reading this and plotting studios now.

Oh my - dang that was funny but this entire situation just CREEPS me out even if I know that it is TRUE and that these things really go on across this country!

Eeewwwww.

Cate

Two kinds of manhole covers. Sewer and storm drain. Storm drain is the run off from streets and overflow drains. Sewers of coarse are the nasty things. Storm drains usually run into local rivers while the sewers, as you guys know, go to that nasty smelling place where the turd herders take care of it. Surveyed in the new streets and sidewalks for Roseburg in mid 1990's. Found one house built in the late 1800's that had its sewage connected to the storm drain. Flowed into the Umpqua (South Fork).

There is a very simple fix for this - locks on the covers.
I doubt many CHUDS will carry (or have) bolt cutters to gain entry. Plus locks would prevent random exit from underneath unless the lock was removed.
I think this would slow them down dramatically.

That makes too much sense. Plus it would cost money for them to do that with the locks.

The politicians would rather continue to FEED the PROBLEM (Bums and more!) with more taxpayer money added so the FREE S Army People can continue to abuse and use the SYSTEM in all ways. Food, housing, free utilities, medical care, babies being born with no planning from the mother and most likely there is no father to be found, checks being given out on a monthly basis, etc.

Wet houses for drunks and dope fiends. Free needles from what I read and hear too.

Cate

The only reason they pave roads is that without pavement there wouldn't be any potholes

They could film Titanic in Portland
593hqti6x4p01.jpg

The only reason they pave roads is that without pavement there wouldn't be any potholes
Not true.. :p Ive lived in many a town in Colorado that have gravel streets.. I don't know how potholes are formed but there sure are plenty of them! Some of them if untended get deep enuff to bottom you out if you hit them right.. crazy! They have to be graded once or twice a year to keep the street passable, sometimes even bringing in fresh gravel (dunno where the "old" gravel goes)......

Not true.. :p Ive lived in many a town in Colorado that have gravel streets.. I don't know how potholes are formed but there sure are plenty of them! Some of them if untended get deep enuff to bottom you out if you hit them right.. crazy! They have to be graded once or twice a year to keep the street passable, sometimes even bringing in fresh gravel (dunno where the "old" gravel goes)......

Well, you can pile gravel into the shape of a pyramid, but to make something on the scale of an Egyptian (or Mayan) pyramid you need something ore solid. Portland makes the Great Pyramid of Ghiza of potholes, and gravel just doesn't cut when you seek to engineer a masterpiece of public safety art.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top