Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

people buying guns and silver

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Just Jim, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

2. Just Jim

People are now buying 14 million guns a year (increased from 8 million) and 3 million silver coins per month (increased from under 1 million) Might just be the prepers are the ones moving the economy.

jj

3. nubus

nubus Guest

Regardless of what happens I would hate to be "un-prepped."

4. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Guns and silver; sounds like a werewolf epidemic!

5. Just Jim

1 billion 80 million a year in silver sales just in the usa and just in what the US treasurie mints. Should tell you people are fearfull of the economy.

jj

6. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

LOL! Too true, the only thing left out are wooden stakes!!!

7. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Romanian Garlic Gernades except I think ATF is going to rule them as destructive devices on Monday and we will need to find a domestic manufacturer for them.

SF-

8. zeezee

SF, just what the heck are Romanian Garlic Grenades?

9. nubus

nubus Guest

So good in Spaghetti!!

10. Silver Fox

Zeezee-

You know the garlic Gernades that compliment your wooden stakes. I worked with Romanian soldiers in afghanistan and they had them for the Muslim vampires.

SF-

11. Silver Fox

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Garlic grenade spaghetti........ Sounds so good!

SF-

12. Zoltan

Zoltan Salem Member

13. zeezee

LOL!!! Yeah, I looked it up and think it would work wonders on vampires. Good call.

14. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

For whatever the reason, probably the novelty, I bought some silver a few months ago...yes, the one troy ounce pieces not the wall street traded paper silver. The salesman said he doesn't recommend buying when it's high and he said "it's high". It was around $24/oz. Go figure...

oh yeah, I've also got a gun around here somewhere...:paranoid:

Now if I can dip some garlic cloves in silver and load them up in my S12:laugh:
    Will

15. nubus

nubus Guest

It was high when it hit $31/oz.
    It will be high again when it hits $50/oz.

16. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

.. and $100 and $300 .... Silver is up 600% since ten years ago. While the dollar (which has lost 94% of its value since 1913) is backed by nothing and could go 'poof' at any time, silver has intrinsic value. If/when the dollar loses it reserve status, as the IMF/China/Russia have been asking for, you will want REAL money. The stage is set for a dollar collapse in the next 6m-4years. That is why you hear terms like 'bank holidays'. That means they close while your digits disappear into the abyss.
    This not fear mongering, simply the way things are. Every Fiat paper currency in history has failed due to eventual over-'printing'. That is what the bailouts were, as are QE1, QE2, and all the other Qs that will be attempted to keep the Titanic afloat.

Silver at $28? Buy as much as you can - after the other essentials of course :).

17. veloracer01

veloracer01 Beaverton, OR New Member

So being rather new to whole prepadness myself I have plenty of guns and ammo, pretty good food/water supply could be better, I have a stock of cash but the idea of silver hadn't ever entered my mind till now, where would one go to purchase silver in the PDX area? And I totally agree with you guys on the value of silver and other metals only going to increase as they become less avaiable.

18. HollisOR

HollisOR Rural OR, South of Dallas Active Member

A year or so ago the Wall Street Journal published a article on Firearms as a investment. Seems the investment aspect of firearms has proven a better choice than the market.

19. Whitman

Whitman Portland New Member

Yeah -- where do you buy silver coins in Portland? Shop around?

20. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I believe that every time a firearm is misused and the media has their customary hysterical feeding frenzy, gun and ammo sales will ramp up. I say: If you ain't gottem, gittem!