JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brazil.

Instapundit » Blog Archive » THIS COULD BE AN INTERESTING EXPERIMENT: Faced With Skyrocketing Murder Rates, Gun-Controlled Brazi…

Homicide Monitor

People Are Ready to Buy Some Guns in the World's Murder Capital

Brazil - 60k gun deaths /year ( not sure how many are suicide ) Over 5k murders in Rio. 19 other Brazilian cities have more. ( rate is about 27/100,000 )

Brazil has strict gun control. That hasn't worked. They are considering changing laws to allow citizens to possess weapons.

Some.

Others: Don't end gun ban, enforce existing laws.

The Brazilian Army is patrolling the streets.

In countries like Brazil, there are a lot of people carrying guns.. If you get caught with a gun you generally just pay a bribe. I remember watching the movie City of God, which is a Brazilian movie that shows the gang wars that erupted in Rio de Janeiro. The place is like the Latin version of the Wild West on steroids.

If you end up shooting somebody in a country like Brazil in self-defense, the law may be the last thing you have to worry about. There are so many gangs, drug lords, corrupt government officials, etc. I'm sure in the slums of Rio and Sao Paulo there are lots of people carrying guns and the police are not who they are worried about.

I was reviewing the homicide rates in Latin America and they are, on average, the highest in the world. It seems like the country with the least gun restrictions, Panama, has the lowest homicide rate in Latin America. Countries like Mexico, Colombia, Brazil and Venezuela have the highest homicide rates. Mexico has some of the strictest gun control in the world, but it's homicide rate is only increasing. In fact, there have been quite a few murders of tourists now in the supposedly safe tourist enclaves of the country, like Cancun. More and more people are second guessing their beach vacations to Mexico. But, then, this is only to be expected in a country where the drug cartel has a lot of power and influence within the government. The last thing they want are law abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves and potentially overthrow them.

I watched an interesting documentary about a group of disgruntled people in the Mexican state of Michoacan who tried arming themselves, starting a militia and went to war with the drug cartel and their government affiliates. YEs, it clearly demonstrated that many politicians in Mexico, especially in Michoacan are on the payroll of the drug cartel. The government eventually came in and recruited the members of the militia with bribes to betray their leader and become part of the MExican military on the payroll of the governor and arrested the leader of the militia. He is still rotting in prison today on illegal weapon charges. Yes, they busted him for possessing the very weapons he used to kill drug cartel members and defend his city. That is Mexican justice for you.

I'd advocate for everyone to watch this documentary , Cartel Land.. It will open your eyes and will also show you what will happen in 2020 if the Democrats/RINOs get control of Presidency and Congress and end up turning America into another Mexico.. Considering how much influence the drug cartels have, it would not surprise me if they start buying our politicians as well and I believe they do own quite a few of them, actually.

Cartel Land (2015) - IMDb

Last Edited:
In countries like Brazil, there are a lot of people carrying guns.. If you get caught with a gun you generally just pay a bribe. I remember watching the movie City of God, which is a Brazilian movie that shows the gang wars that erupted in Rio de Janeiro. The place is like the Latin version of the Wild West on steroids.

If you end up shooting somebody in a country like Brazil in self-defense, the law may be the last thing you have to worry about. There are so many gangs, drug lords, corrupt government officials, etc. I'm sure in the slums of Rio and Sao Paulo there are lots of people carrying guns and the police are not who they are worried about.

I was reviewing the homicide rates in Latin America and they are, on average, the highest in the world. It seems like the country with the least gun restrictions, Panama, has the lowest homicide rate in Latin America. Countries like Mexico, Colombia, Brazil and Venezuela have the highest homicide rates. Mexico has some of the strictest gun control in the world, but it's homicide rate is only increasing. In fact, there have been quite a few murders of tourists now in the supposedly safe tourist enclaves of the country, like Cancun. More and more people are second guessing their beach vacations to Mexico. But, then, this is only to be expected in a country where the drug cartel has a lot of power and influence within the government. The last thing they want are law abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves and potentially overthrow them.

I watched an interesting documentary about a group of disgruntled people in the Mexican state of Michoacan who tried arming themselves, starting a militia and went to war with the drug cartel and their government affiliates. YEs, it clearly demonstrated that many politicians in Mexico, especially in Michoacan are on the payroll of the drug cartel. The government eventually came in and recruited the members of the militia with bribes to betray their leader and become part of the MExican military on the payroll of the governor and arrested the leader of the militia. He is still rotting in prison today on illegal weapon charges. Yes, they busted him for possessing the very weapons he used to kill drug cartel members and defend his city. That is Mexican justice for you.

I'd advocate for everyone to watch this documentary , Cartel Land.. It will open your eyes and will also show you what will happen in 2020 if the Democrats/RINOs get control of Presidency and Congress and end up turning America into another Mexico.. Considering how much influence the drug cartels have, it would not surprise me if they start buying our politicians as well and I believe they do own quite a few of them, actually.

Cartel Land (2015) - IMDb
The US is the third lowest country in firearms homicides in the western hemisphere (Let's leave out the Caribbean islands because their populations are so small they skew the statistics, but among them only Martinique has better numbers than the US), behind only Canada and Chile. The numbers for the South and Central American countries and Mexico are anywhere from 2 to 60 times those of the US.

Anti-gunners always specify "developed" countries, which means whatever they want it to mean, usually any country with lower numbers than ours. I think the Brazilians would object to being classified as an undeveloped country. Even at that, we have a unique situation here with the availability of firearms for those contemplating suicide. Take those out of the picture and we are way down the list of countries with firearms homicides. And of course, suicidal people in places without access to firearms choose other methods, but they still off themselves at the same rate. So figures don't lie but liars do figure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top