JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that 20 people were trampled says more about society than a motorcycle backfire being mistaken for gunshots and an active shooter...

Speaking of motorcycle. I saw a strange thing. A guy/gal not dudes full colorful leathers, with two full size swords strapped to his back crossing over each other like a X. I first laughed, then thought it's a superhero! THAT was funny to see!

"A guy/gal not dudes full colorful leathers"

Huh?

Not:

8AA13C36-3D4D-41F7-8A71-B23CF366A087.jpeg

Well, I mean when the government gets it's way and the population is disarmed, running will be the proper response, because if you hear gunshots they will be from an evil person. This was just a practice session/training for the NY people.

In all seriousness, I bet only a small handful of people even heard the backfire. The stampede was just that, a stampede. A few people heard the backfire and started to panic and run, and they just picked up people along the way. It may not be a popular opinion here, but if I see 20 people fleeing in one direction, I am going to go straight into run, hide, fight mode too. Hopefully not in panic mode, but there is no reason to just sit around waiting to see what happens either. I guess I at least like that I have the "fight" option available since I carry everywhere and every day.

The stampede was just that, a stampede. A few people heard the backfire and started to panic and run, and they just picked up people along the way.

No mention of the likely hood that people that heard the backfire, and started the "Stampede", were yelling "MASS SHOOTING". The media has the weak minded, sheep like public, so worked up that all common sense seems to have left the building.

I had a friend who met this dumb broad who is a big time gun hater. She ended up being the end of our friendship. We were talking about gun control and she said she shouldn't have to worry about people trying to shoot her. I laughed at her.

I shouldn't have to worry about personal hygiene! :eek:

Random gunfire is pretty much a standard background noise here. After I got home from work, I was sipping the cocktail and reading outside, and someone was cutting loose down the hill with something big. Meh, enjoy whomever you are.

I was living in a 5th whl on a buddy's property near the Bend airport. Several nights large caliber gunshots echoed and at times I could tell the muzzle was pointed in my direction. One night I got peeved, took my P14 with a full 18rd mag of .45ACP and corked off the entire mag outside. Gunfire ceased for a time. I found out later that one of the neighbors was trying to scare deer off his property. I had a little chat with that neighbor about muzzle discipline.

I wonder if these are the same fools that don't own a fire extinguisher or life insurance then rail against those that do...

Nobody should have to worry about fire, or about death. We need a law.

I think that 20 people were trampled says more about society than a motorcycle backfire being mistaken for gunshots and an active shooter...

Herd instinct. No society is invulnerable when crowds are in a place.... people get crushed at a nightclub fire, at ballgames, etc. When it happens on sale days is when it bugs me.

Heard about this on the radio today. Geezus. I don't know how these people can cross a street WITH the walk signal? They don't look to see if cars are stopping? They'll walk right out without even looking? How can they deal with being IN a car on a two lane road with cars coming at them head-on, in the other lane, only a few feet away? :confused:

Reminds me of …….and, this wasn't in the script.

Vs. how it's done in Portland, OR.

Perhaps, some people have too much Starbucks?

Aloha, Mark

I wonder if these are the same fools that don't own a fire extinguisher or life insurance then rail against those that do...

If you like playing with fire (who doesn't?) then it's a good idea to have an extinguisher or two.
If you like living with other people around, then it's a good idea to have some way to protect yourself from idiots and psychos.
If you don't like living with other people around, I don't really care what you do. Enjoy that back country.

No mention of the likely hood that people that heard the backfire, and started the "Stampede", were yelling "MASS SHOOTING". The media has the weak minded, sheep like public, so worked up that all common sense seems to have left the building.

If you spook one sheep the whole herd bolts.

I had a friend who met this dumb broad who is a big time gun hater. She ended up being the end of our friendship. We were talking about gun control and she said she shouldn't have to worry about people trying to shoot her. I laughed at her.
In the Ivory Tower set it's called "Fallacy of Shoulds." :)

In the Ivory Tower set it's called "Fallacy of Shoulds." :)

Irrational thoughts, preconceptions, and defective cognition... Oh my!!!

IMO we encounter a lot of this in our lives, but are powerless to fix others... that might be a good thing. :)

BTW, I always said that "should" should be outlawed. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top