Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Troops in US

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by theparanorm, Aug 21, 2009.

1. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

Interesting article to say the least...

http://www.sodahead.com/blog/131391/...-troops-in-us/

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Picture the aftermath of Katrina on a natl level with US Armed forces going door to door to confiscate firearms "for our own safety".

This stinks to hi heaven. :angry:

3. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

I went boating this weekend.

All mine fell overboard in a freak accident while out on the ocean. Damn big waves are rough...

4. Cougfan2

I went boating this weekend.

All mine fell overboard in a freak accident while out on the ocean. Damn big waves are rough...

Yeah, and it was deep too!:thumbup:

5. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

And with all that salt water on those non-stainless parts, they were junk within 12 hours. That's why I never went back for them!

6. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Not to sound like a government voice piece but I was down working katrina for the military nad it was not us taking guns it was the local LE agencies diricted by thier governor and mayor. The military and federal law enforcement agancies are activated all the time for things like this.

7. Cougfan2

parsons 12b I stand corrected. You are right. The NRA I believe won a lawsuit against Ray Nagin and the NOPD to make them return the guns. to their rightful owners as they had been either dragging their feet or refusing to do so outright if they thought they could get away with it.

8. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I like this idea, but then it scares me too.

We should have troops on the ready to respond to national emergencies. And if were attacked again we need security. But not to go round up our guns. They need to round up the people here on foreign visas and student visas and kick them out. Stick a few soldiers on flights so if one of those crazies acts up they can take them out.

And I'm a person that has purchased several guns but have sold most of them because of money problems, what happens when they come for mine and I tell them I sold them and no names to give them. I'm probably going to end up in a "camp" for trouble makers.

It does seem kind of weird we have the largest military in the world and most of them are overseas. Sooner or later someone will get the balls to attack America.

9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

This is not good.

10. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

they already haave the balls to attack america. To wit:
    The World Trade Center
    The U.S Embassy in Beirut
    The U.S Embassy in Tearah
    The U.S.S. Cole

11. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Twice!
    But I still don't want them in an active duty role patrolling my city or neighborhood.

12. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

the army, navy, marine corps, air force has thousands of troops stationed in the U.S. Who do you think mans all the military stations in every state in the U.S. ? Who teaches boot camp? Who recruits?Who repairs the planes? Who works in the pentagon?

13. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Hmmm, it isn't often that the ACLU says something that I don't disagree with....

14. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

400,000 should be just the right amount to secure our southern border.

15. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

yes.

16. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

That would be all good, but isn't that what we have Homeland Security, Immigration(or what ever it's now called), US Marshalls....etc, etc.....

My point being, why the heck do we have all these agencies if we deem it necessary to secure our borders with US Military?

17. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I am not worried about the soldiers or for better words "Service Members" (SM) as they are just following orders in any event. I am more worried about the leaders who are in charge of those SM's. The leaders will plan, resource and order the SM to execute any wacky idea they can come up with. We have had 100,000's of SM's world wide (think of Germany or S. Korea from the late 1950's till about the early 1990's with training downtown civilian-ville) and guess what? The battle is here in the states now. We have tried to keep the fight off our soil but that has lasted only so long. We are facing a different times.

Now please do not think I am for this, I see the potential abuse of ones authority (**** communism looks good on paper until you factor in the reality of human behavior), all I am saying is lets not start bagging on the SM's, lets stay focused on the leadership and their motives.

One last rant, if I were President I would give in my first Sate of the Union address a two week termination notice to FEMA. I would divert all funding from FEMA (Huge *** budget with little oversight because, well it is for emergency purposes so who is wasting time to review such a noble cause as this?) to the States National Guard units. the National Guard has dump trucks, ambulances (both wheel and rotary),hospital units, chaplins, social workers, MP's and contracting officers. Who better to deal with a local disaster than a local member of the community? You do not need some bed-wetting AFGE union member over paid per diem idiot, to tell you that you cannot rescue your neighbor of his roof top because you do not have the proper insurance on your boat nor show proof of Federal inspection of your water craft to ensure its capabilities of such rescue. Screw FEMA. In my opinion they are in violation of the Federal waste, fraud and abuse act every time they cash there pay checks.

I am stepping off the soap box and away from the caffein.

SF-

18. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

A government big enough to provide you with everything is big enough to take it all away.

I hate to sound like a paranoid, tin-foil hat wearing anarchist (I am not any of these things), but we are allowing our government to too large. Its time to pull in the reigns. Both parties are as guilty as the other here. This posi-comitus violation is simply the latest example of the government perpetrating acts "in the name of the people." Time to start electing some new blood to the government. The incumbents have butchered their jobs for long enough.

I also, am off my soap box now.

19. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I am a Vet and I'm telling you this is very bad news! The only reason to allow troops to patrol our streets is to create a police state in order to control the people... ALL THE PEOPLE! The excuses for these proposed actions are groundless. It is not necessary for natural disaster, it is not necessary to prevent terrorism. Those excuses are ridiculous and praying on media and politically driven fear mongering.

On a side note: If ordered would an American soldier attack or disarm their own country men? Yes they would. I was in the US Military and I'll tell you what... you do what your told. Additionally they only tell you what they want you to know. If they want you to do something they are concerned you will not do normally they might just spin a tail for you about how the people they are ordering you to disarm or possibly destroy are in fact domestic terrorists. I am telling you this honestly from my heart as a US Military Veteran.

20. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Seems like a bunch of civilians with guns would be a GREAT alternative option, instead of Soldiers.