JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pennsylvania College Student With License To Carry Firearm Exchanges Gunfire With Alleged Robber | FoxNews.com

Glad that the victim was backed up by the local PD regarding his rights! See if he isn't slapped with a civil suit by the lazy parents (assuming bad guidance), and/or college enrollment status issue, now that they know he carries. Their comment to the media is sad, even though it was OFF campus "Students are not allowed to carry firearms on the campus of Temple University, a school spokesman told the newspaper."

Title of the article should have just stated a "man shot during attempted robbery fired back in self defense against 3 would be robbers"

Just sayin'

So a student gets quoted "I think campus is safe enough to not need to carry a gun" yet here we are with gunshots fired from some thug wannabe on someone just sitting on his own front doorstep.

I guess smoking comes with other risks besides the surgeon general's warning? So now cigarettes must come with a warning of "may cause people to approach you to ask for money and shoot you on your doorstep". Tards. If it is safe enough that people don't need a gun, then people wouldn't be SHOT AT. Is that kinda logic only visible to legal, law abiding gun owners?

So a student gets quoted "I think campus is safe enough to not need to carry a gun" yet here we are with gunshots fired from some thug wannabe on someone just sitting on his own front doorstep.

I guess smoking comes with other risks besides the surgeon general's warning? So now cigarettes must come with a warning of "may cause people to approach you to ask for money and shoot you on your doorstep". Tards. If it is safe enough that people don't need a gun, then people wouldn't be SHOT AT. Is that kinda logic only visible to legal, law abiding gun owners?

iberalism is a mental disorder... no other 'splianation

iberalism is a mental disorder... no other 'splianation

As closed-minded as I know that is, I am starting to believe this myself. It's fine to be against guns, I don't care. To me, it's like you don't like to drive...fine by me, don't drive! More room for me on the road! But for you to criticize me for driving because you are against it, I have a problem with that. Actually, I have a problem with anyone pushing any of their beliefs on anyone else...let me shoot my guns and spank my kids. I promise I'll be more of a contributing member to society than most.

Why is a logical conclusion based on observing INSANE (often times contradictory) statements and actions "close minded"? I think denying (or rationalizing) the facts are close minded (like at one time thinking the Earth was flat).

Not meant as a dig toward you, but rather a serious question... I'm so tired of "moral equivalency" puttering.

I suppose the University would rather have the headline read "University student killed in an apparent robbery"..

Anyway, the University ban does not effect this case, as the student is in off campus housing.

If it is safe enough that people don't need a gun, then people wouldn't be SHOT AT. Is that kinda logic only visible to legal, law abiding gun owners?

Actually, that's really the lay of N Philly... I would tend to agree with the student who said that Temple's campus is safe enough to not need a gun... the problem is that 3 blocks in any direction from Temple's campus might, at times, not be... so, while the student's statement might be true... there is the whole matter of getting to and from the campus that he seems to overlook.

Actually, that's really the lay of N Philly... I would tend to agree with the student who said that Temple's campus is safe enough to not need a gun... the problem is that 3 blocks in any direction from Temple's campus might, at times, not be... so, while the student's statement might be true... there is the whole matter of getting to and from the campus that he seems to overlook.

But that's like saying DC is safe...as long as you don't leave the lawn of the White House!

Why is a logical conclusion based on observing INSANE (often times contradictory) statements and actions "close minded"? I think denying (or rationalizing) the facts are close minded (like at one time thinking the Earth was flat).

Not meant as a dig toward you, but rather a serious question... I'm so tired of "moral equivalency" puttering.

Because a blanket stereotype on anyone is a closed minded view.

Not all cops are pigs.
Not all Liberals have mental dissorders.
Not all Muslims are terrorists.

Sorry folks, no matter how many times you say the above, I will just shut you off as a racist/prejudice tard and move on with my day. In every group there are your "one percenters"...meaning the minority of people that make up the majority of stereotypes in any given group. You hear it all the time...heck, just a few weeks ago I heard the band Stone Sour state that all Tea Party members are racist. You know what that kind of message says for me? It just says that you're a moron that blanketly stereotypes people.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top