JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Price
$1
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This was my dads brass, certainly acquired by him between '47 when he got out of the service and 1955. There is military brass dated '42 and '43. And the rest are vintage factory brass. No corrosion. Just dark.
Being raised by depression era kids, I hate to throw anything away. If I had enough scrap brass I might turn it in for money, but I don't.

I'd drive a ways if I was heading that way anyway. Might be best to come to me in NE PDX just South of the airport if you can.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
This was my dads brass, certainly acquired by him between '47 when he got out of the service and 1955. There is military brass dated '42 and '43. And the rest are vintage factory brass. No corrosion. Just dark.
Being raised by depression era kids, I hate to throw anything away. If I had enough scrap brass I might turn it in for money, but I don't.

I'd drive a ways if I was heading that way anyway. Might be best to come to me in NE PDX just South of the airport if you can.
Do have a picture of it?

Now you want me to take pictures? That's going to cost you! 2 cents each extra if you want 'em. Cash only. :D
These were likely shot in the model 17 that Muh Dad sporterized to the MAX after he got out of the Navy in '47. He shot ONE deer with that gun. He didn't care for killin' deer. Never hunted again, as far as I know.
No extra charge for the two 300 Win Mag. :s0155:
P1050219.JPG

P1050220.JPG
Guess those are pretty crappy pictures. I'll cut that price in half!

Ugh. I'm killin' me here!

Last Edited:
Now you want me to take pictures? That's going to cost you! 2 cents each extra if you want 'em. Cash only. :D
These were likely shot in the model 17 that Muh Dad sporterized to the MAX after he got out of the Navy in '47. He shot ONE deer with that gun. He didn't care for killin' deer. Never hunted again, as far as I know.
No extra charge for the two 300 Win Mag. :s0155:
View attachment 1247277

View attachment 1247278
Guess those are pretty crappy pictures. I'll cut that price in half!

Ugh. I'm killin' me here!
Hey Mike,
Bring them to the next show and I and I will gladly give you 15 cents for them. The history with them is worth way more than that.
If I had paid for the stand up comedy I probably would ask for my money back. LOL
Thanks for being a good sport about the pics. I was a little concerned I might be thread crapping.
John

Hey Mike,
Bring them to the next show and I and I will gladly give you 15 cents for them. The history with them is worth way more than that.
If I had paid for the stand up comedy I probably would ask for my money back. LOL
Thanks for being a good sport about the pics. I was a little concerned I might be thread crapping.
John
Oh hell John! Not thread crapping. I though about pics, but heck, anyone in the game for a while, should know what 80 YO brass looks like! I wouldn't take even a penny from you.

The history is why I thought someone may want them. I have the rifle that, more than likely, they were fired from.

As far as I know, the next show I'm going to is the big OAC show in Hillsboro. Is there something close between now and then where you'll be? I don't go to them to buy anything. I just go because I've got nothing else to do, and I like looking at stuff and being around people I'm comfortable with.

Oh hell John! Not thread crapping. I though about pics, but heck, anyone in the game for a while, should know what 80 YO brass looks like! I wouldn't take even a penny from you.

The history is why I thought someone may want them. I have the rifle that, more than likely, they were fired from.

As far as I know, the next show I'm going to is the big OAC show in Hillsboro. Is there something close between now and then where you'll be? I don't go to them to buy anything. I just go because I've got nothing else to do, and I like looking at stuff and being around people I'm comfortable with.
Mike,
The Battleground show is August 13th.
I would have to keep the brass with the rifle.
Seems like it takes me more effort to leave my house every day.
If it wasn't for nwfa and the 2 shows my social life would be far less than it is.
John

I would have to keep the brass with the rifle.
I've got the rifle, don't care about the brass really. Hadn't even thought about keeping it with the though.
I sold off most the other real junker rifles he had, my presumption was he intended to "Do something" with/to them too way back then. I made some pretty decent money on the Yellow Boy and the model '86 from a nice collector at the big OAC show. I turned that money into usable guns. Been hooked ever since.

I'll try to get up there. That's the weekend of the big OAC show. But last year I almost didn't go, and then I changed my mind and went Sunday. It was great. Not many people and the collectors were able to sit and bullshirt.
In any case, I'll get those to you somehow. If you ever get this side of the river, I'm pretty easy to get to from Airport Way, South a ways and West 25 blocks. Just let me know. I don't much away from home these days.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.