JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hate carrying loose pellets in my pockets or in a little rattlebox on my belt or in my pocket. I guess I'm just too anal about damaging the skirts and then you gotta dig one out.. while micro or macro damaging the skirts.. a fiddly and slow job.
I think I've seen some kind of caddies years ago that were kinda like revolver Speedstrips that would protect the pellets in the field but probably not really speed things up much.. anyway.
I recently discovered the pen-type loaders of which there appear to be three different brands. Has anyone used these or any other type of loader or caddy? I'd like to hear of your experience. Thanks.
Here's the cheapest Crosman pellet loader..

http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Pellet-Loader-Holds-Pellets/dp/B002PTNXZI

41u1UzitaUL._SL1500_.jpg

I have several "Pellet Pens" in .22 cal. They work great! No complaints except that I wish they could hold even more pellets. I'm considering getting a few in .177 as well, though I prefer to shoot my .22's. They work especially well for a break-barrel type like my Hatsan 125 - I can load directly into the chamber, perfectly seated, without having to touch the pellet.

31thblaPNCL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Pellet-Pen-Holds-22-Cal-Pellets/dp/B0053Y1H9G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405951151&sr=8-3&keywords=pellet loader

Last Edited:
Excellent. I'm just gonna have to get one or another.. they seem just perfect and like I said, I only recently became aware of them.. thanks!
Does any retail store carry them in stock? Oh, and I really only have break barrel rifles and pistols so all the better.

Excellent. I'm just gonna have to get one or another.. they seem just perfect and like I said, I only recently became aware of them.. thanks!
Does any retail store carry them in stock?

I know I've seen the same model I referenced in a store before, but I can't remember where. It was a sporting good store - perhaps Fisherman's or maybe Sportsman's? I ordered mine online - actually from Pyramyd Air.

I'll call around.
In the old days, if I got into a varmint "hot zone", I'd carefully array a few between my lips for fast action.. I know I know.. very bad practice but I'd sure put the hurt on them critters. lol

My main reason for getting them was that I seem to fumble the pellets too much due to the small size - especially the .177 size. Now, I can fumble them ahead of time loading them in the tube at home, then just enjoy my shooting. Great investment, I'm sure you'll like them.

Just got a couple in for our .177s, the Air Venturi Pellet Pen and the Crosman Pellet Loader.
From both, the pellets seem to load in smoothly and only one came out for each load attempt, but neither of them would seat the pellet properly in my Shangai/Arrow Breakbarel, I still had to finger it into place.
For the break barrel, this was no issue, it went into the hole and waited to be poked.
For my Crosman 2100, Air Venturi pellet pen was definitely not as good as the Crosman syringe style pellet loader. I could use the Crosman loader to maneuver the pellet, but the Pellet Pen wouldn't fit into the trough.

Both of them were a lot better than trying to load by hand, so I'm going to keep and use them both a lot.

I did notice the pellet pen is very similar to my Pentel Clic Eraser, so I'm going to try that with my .22 and see how it goes. Maybe all it will need is an inch of surgical tubing added to control the way the pellets come out. I can manage that. ;)

Having done some extensive testing with the loaders, I have to say, I really like the Crosman loader for the range (I can set it on the table) and the Venturi pellet Pen in the field (I can use it with gloves and poke it in my shirt pocket) and now I wish Crosman did a .22 loader for when I am shooting in the back yard.

My DIY version is coming, btw. I just need to work on the sleeve a little more and then it will be good to go. :D

If I get it set up cheap enough, I'll post them up here. No worries!

Oh, the only rifle I have found the loaders to work poorly with is one with a recessed pellet loading bay, like my 1970's Crosman 760, with a scope block covering the top of that loading niche.

Does any retail store carry them in stock? Oh, and I really only have break barrel rifles and pistols so all the better.

I bought a couple of them in .177 at the Big 5 on 122nd and Stark in PDX. I have had difficulty with Beeman rnd noses in them.

I bought a couple of them in .177 at the Big 5 on 122nd and Stark in PDX. I have had difficulty with Beeman rnd noses in them.
I finally got around to it when I found myself by the Big-5 in Oak Grove and remembering your post, got one.. the Crosman "Pellet Loader".. they hide them away from all the pellet stuff and they're behind the counter (of course) by the regular speedloaders and stuff.
I like it a lot.

Instead of fighting/loading them skirt first up through the tight silicone nipple (on the Crosman) like this kid, I just pull the syringe/rod out and drop them nose first down the tube. If the firm slip fit on the plastic rod gets too loose, I'll touch it with a hot nail and "rebuild" it where those two little nipples are that keep it snug.

I am curious if anyone has used the FirePow'r clips with any success. I can't get any pellets to stay loaded, they just fall out.
Maybe toss one in some very hot water (be careful.. you can always increase duration and temp) for a bit and it'll probably shrink it a bit.. might make it slightly less pliable though.. which would likely be a good thing.
good luck

I would still recommend looking at the Pellet Pens - unlike the Crosman model, they don't have a plunger that sticks out from the top of the loader - effectively doubling the length of the pen. The Pellet Pens, when loaded, are the same length as when they're empty - making them easier to keep in a pocket. They're quick and easy to load - pull the plunger out of the top, drop the pellets in and put the plunger back. I really like the design.

I probably will.. I saw a couple good youtube vids on them and they look pretty sweet. I got the Crosman since I don't have Amazon Prime any more and could just pick this one up local for a good price. I'll just keep like 5-8 in it or something so the plunger doesn't stick way up if in the field. I'm better off than where I started at least!
Not rattling around in my pocket or in a tin or something!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top