JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to take a flight cross country with firearms, though I'm not psyched to cut foam of a pelican case. Thought about boyt, or some other TSA approved travel container. Anyone have suggestions?

I went pdx to phx with two rifles, two handguns, and all the accoutrements in a pelican. Yes, I cut foam perfectly...ish...but was very pleased at how everything travelled. Would highly recommend.

BA1AC8DF-434F-4A04-85F4-9B89C184855C.jpeg

Also, when I flew out of PDX, they (tsa) pulled the foam from the top, inspected, closed the case and flipped it over and then pulled the bottom foam to inspect as well; they were very thorough. I think that everything having its cutout helped in this situation.

What is keeping you from cutting the foam for a glove-like fit?

I buy an empty pelican hard case, and put a soft case inside. No foam to cut out and you can change what you carry. I've got one up for sale I bought as a set (not trying to sell you on it) but take a look for reference. I slip soft pistol cases inside where there is room.

I rock the Apache cases from Harbor Freight. Even better when they have their coupons.

They get the job done and then some. Can't find a reason to buy a Pelican case again.

Don't laugh, but Apache branded gun cases at Harbor Freight are looking more and more legit these days...

Make sure to check the coupon database before you buy anything from HF, an employee there told me about it once and it'll save you a lot of money! Just show them the barcode from your phone and they can apply
Sorry op to take this off course, hope it helps

Pelican case...buy once, cry once. You'll have it for the rest of your life.

But, buy an empty pelican case and use a soft case inside. They're far more versatile and flexible than foam. And you don't have to screw with cutting foam...which essentially makes the case unusable for any other guns unless you buy more foam.

We used Pelican cases in the military and seeing the abuse they can take first hand is the reason we stock pelican cases in store. We currently have the vault line up: V800 V300, and V100. Have had quite a few very happy clients with them. You can also buy replacement foam if you ever change out guns.

I have a smaller Apache that holds several pistols and its has proven very durable. For the $45 I paid I am very very satisfied. Flown with it close to a dozen times now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top