JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't resist

download (5).jpeg

I made this sight for my beater rossi. The notch on top is useless, one of these days I'm going to file the top round. I think I'm also going to open up the aperture. It's very small right now, it's accurate like this but it's not useable when it starts to get dim outside. If it's not bright out you can't see the front sight.

BDFD5B91-2FC0-4366-91CE-2DBEBC13575A.jpeg 0D388C67-B2CC-4279-AA63-7A86D873D602.jpeg

I have a lot of PCC's. ALL of them use these sights. Couple factory, several that came with no sights I put folding BUIS on that are Peep. My eyes don't work well with irons any more, at the range it's real bad. Something about the lighting in there makes it really hard for me. Peeps are the far and away the best for me. With them I can at least still keep on paper :D

I've got a Skinner still. Old Lyman and Marbles a good on Vintage Levers which is what I liked till 8EDAC63B-536A-4CCC-851F-D1020F02433E.jpeg started shooting BPCR. The soule sights are a real necessity shooting long distance and dealing with wind. Can't believe I spend as much on a good Montana Vintage Arms Soule sight as I used to spend on a good Marlin 336-A! I use their Verneer sights (without the Soule Windage adjustment barrel at the base) for my 1893s and 1894. But those too get used for long range - just not keeping score with the 'fun gong shooting'.

My Mortimer (1820ish reproduction) came with one. Gets used for working up a load and that's about it. When my eyes get bad enough, I'll remove the fixed rear sight and use the peep for paper punching, but I'm not there yet. Not robust enough and the aperture is too small for anything else.

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0097.jpeg

Here are my three Feinwerkbau air rifles. The two oldest I bought just before getting out of the Corps in '78. (Semper Fi!) The newest (FWB Sport) I bought last year and actually took off the peep sight because the iron sights were sufficient for my shooting. I target shoot, offhand, inside my house from one end to the other which stretches out to 15 m or almost 16.4 yards. The FWB 127 has the same peep sight I put on it in the late '70s. The FWB 124 originally came with a Tasco scope that I replaced with another set of Williams peeps.

IMG_20180813_134208.jpg IMG_20180722_123453.jpg

Skinner makes some nice sights. Put them on a few. This set from a single shot project from a while back turned out really nice.

6114C824-1D8C-4B70-B056-78CD39A1C5C1.jpeg

Not robust enough and the aperture is too small for anything else.
You may be surprised with the unassuming ruggedness of many peeps. I'm not a peep sight X spurt, but many I have encountered over the years have the ability to increase or decrease the peep hole by swapping out a disk or threaded insert. (Not that finding them will be easy if older ones). you may want to see if your aperture can be changed. Mine is quite large, slightly more than 1/8" so is excellent for general hunting and fast visual acquisition of target with large field of view. I'm good to 100 yards or so, to be well within the vital zones while others I know can reach out better than that with it.
Personally I couldn't see the rack in the big ears of a forked horn mulie without a scope past 100 yards anyway.

While some might consider BUIS as a "Peep" sight, the topic IS - IN the Lever Action Forum.
I can appreciate all things Vintage as well. :)

Let's keep it going!!!
:s0122:

You may be surprised with the unassuming ruggedness of many peeps. I'm not a peep sight X spurt, but many I have encountered over the years have the ability to increase or decrease the peep hole by swapping out a disk or threaded insert. (Not that finding them will be easy if older ones). you may want to see if your aperture can be changed. Mine is quite large, slightly more than 1/8" so is excellent for general hunting and fast visual acquisition of target with large field of view. I'm good to 100 yards or so, to be well within the vital zones while others I know can reach out better than that with it.
Personally I couldn't see the rack in the big ears of a forked horn mulie without a scope past 100 yards anyway.

Given this is supposed to be representative of a 200 year old original, swapping apertures, etc. really isn't an option and no I'm not drilling it larger.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top