JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot my first deer in 1982 with a Marlin 336 chambered in .35 Remington equipped with the Williams 5d setup. I've equipped an 1895 Guide Gun with a similar setup.

I prefer the long radius peep setup over buckhorn irons. I prefer a good scope over a peep setup.

That said, you'd be hard pressed to find a better setup ideally matched for the intent of your rifle than the Williams 5d rear... Damn near perfect with a fiber optic Firesight front. As I recall, there are a few options for the rear peep insert aperture size so you can dial in the perfect balance of quick target acquisition and precision.

The other setup seems more compact and svelte... But I like the windbags and elevation screw adjustments of the 5d.

I recently took the 5D off my Marlin 39 and installed it on my '68 Winchester 94 (got lucky - same sideplate holes) and an instant reduction in group size. I only had a few rounds at the time so I need get out and fine tune it but the initial results were great. I may look into a different front sight but the stock front seems to work well. Now I need to get two more - one to replace the robbed one and another for my Winchester AE .357.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top