JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dad seemed to be from the Middle East. The Middle East culture tends to deal with acts of indiscretion of this type rather harshly. The Boyfriend is lucky to have his head still attached.

LOL, most traditional cultures of the world NEVER deal well with catching their daughter doing the hanky-panky with their new BF.

That being said, I read once about a village in Cambodia where fathers actually build "love shacks" for their daughters so they can experiment with sex before getting married:

Cambodian fathers build sex huts for their nine to 13-year-old daughters | Mail Online

In all honesty, I think the real reason most of us dads are protective of our daughters is because at one time in our lives, we too were the lusty young teenage male out chasing tail. I hope by the time my daughter is old enough to be making decisions about sex, I've developed a good enough relationship with her that she knows her worth as a woman and a human being has nothing to do with her sexual attractiveness.

Growing up as a kid with semi-traditional Chinese parents, I used to laugh at their parenting advice which went along the lines of:

1. Study hard at school
2. Don't do drugs
3. Don't get a girl pregnant

It was communicated to me by my mother that I would be disowned from the family if I violated any of those 3. Haha.

We had 5 daughters, the monkey in the middle was the wild child. I did shove a shotgun into the face of one of her boyfriends and told him to leave...through the front door, he had entered her bedroom through the window. No I did not shoot him.

BTW: They will have a hard time convicting the dad...he was in his own house. RCW 9.41.270(3)(a)

Dad seemed to be from the Middle East. The Middle East culture tends to deal with acts of indiscretion of this type rather harshly. The Boyfriend is lucky to have his head still attached.

So? It happened in the good ol' US of A. As an immigrant I take strong offense to others using their native countries as excuses to be a dumbass. It's not like westerners are welcomed with open arms in those areas when they go all christian. Unless "open arms" means the lynch mob of course.

The teen girl will be now more more in love with her boyfriend and more excited about having sex with him, constantly. The James Dean syndrome.

Dad will be rewarded by being a grandfather next year. Maybe from jail, who knows. With dad neatly tucked away in a cell for a bit they won't have to worry about interruptions to their 'acts.'

I am so sad that I missed out on the joys of fatherhood.

Raising girls is tough..but don't be naive dads. Think about what you were doing...or at least thinking of doing..or would have done had you the opportunity when you were a teenager. And ask your wives and girlfriends their thoughts on the subject. It's a little scary to learn they had the same thoughts as boys, talk about the boys like boys talk about girls, about who did what-or does this, or what they want to do, etc. It's not "this" day and age, it's nature and reality. Teach your kids the best, pray and hope, but if you walk in on your 15 YOA giving a you know what to a teenage boy; well, how old were you the first one?

I raised a daughter nearly on my own to young adulthood. She came to live with me at age nine - mom lives in Eugene. Never gave me a problem, doing well and she just recently won the Youth of the Year Award form the Boys and Girls Club which came with a $18.5 K scholarship. I attribute a large part of her success to the fact I sacrificed a lot for her and always did my best to be a proper parental role model for her.

The teen girl will be now more more in love with her boyfriend and more excited about having sex with him, constantly. The James Dean syndrome.

You are usually correct here Burt. It is possible, however, to have a relationship with your daughter (as a dad, even harder as a mom) where they are open to you rather than hiding everything they do. Some children (especially females in the tween/teen years) will always hide what they do, but many will open to you if are non-judgmental, and ATTEMPT to instruct rather than punish, ridicule and blame. (very hard to do as a parent at times)

So? It happened in the good ol' US of A. As an immigrant I take strong offense to others using their native countries as excuses to be a dumbass. It's not like westerners are welcomed with open arms in those areas when they go all christian. Unless "open arms" means the lynch mob of course.

My comment was just an observation of his possible heritage and the rules of conduct that heritage is known for.

I agree that when anyone moves to the USA then they must abide by the law of this land. What they used to do in their homeland no longer applies in the USA.

I wasn't defending his actions, just making comment.

I have a son and a daughter, if I caught my son doing that I would whoop his ***. If we lived in the sticks I might of fired a warning shot.

Those of you defending a young man going into a mans house and diddeling his daughter aught to think before you speak.

I know kids do foolish things but going into the lions den and playing with a cub might be one of the stupidest things a young man can do.

He should not have shot the firearm. Big mistake that will cost him. Being P'ed is no excuse to make bad decisions. Especially if you are a dad dealing with a problem like this. The dad blew it big time.

Easier to just pack her bags and ask her how she will like living with him, she was the one to say yes, the boy did what boys do, I have 3 daughters, 11 to 9 mo old, they control their bodies. Their choice will affect their future.

Yes it would be easier to tell her to pack her bags, but wouldn't that make matters worse? A 15 yo left to do whatever she likes doesn't sound like that would end with a good outcome. I agree the girl and guy are both at fought.

"I have 3 daughters, 11 to 9 mo old, they control their bodies. Their choice will affect their future." Sound great to me.

It would be a tough problem to deal with that's for sure. Trying to persuade someone to stop doing something they like doing. Even your teenage kids.

Shooting holes in the ceiling and walls aint gonna fix it.

Yes it would be easier to tell her to pack her bags, but wouldn't that make matters worse? A 15 yo left to do whatever she likes doesn't sound like that would end with a good outcome. I agree the girl and guy are both at fought.

"I have 3 daughters, 11 to 9 mo old, they control their bodies. Their choice will affect their future." Sound great to me.

It would be a tough problem to deal with that's for sure. Trying to persuade someone to stop doing something they like doing. Even your teenage kids.

Shooting holes in the ceiling and walls aint gonna fix it.

I use to think parents could control their kids, now kids control the parents, along with the schools and stupid laws. Spare the rod spoil the child. Now it time to turn the tables, most of the kids out there are turds. Extreme parenting is now what this world needs, don't like my rules, your out, do drugs, bye, disrespect my home and have sex in it, have fun living under his roof. I am sure I am more bark than bite, but since 16 and pregnant became cool, have fun America

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top