JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Set up claymores!

I seriously doubt mobs will be going to the rural areas.

I'd be more concerned about the random tweaker or white trash coming looking to steal stuff.
YEP! Now that we who live further out do get. Many of the tweaker's do have vehicles. They do get around and often look for places further out of the way. Looking for a smash and grab or place were there is things sitting out they can grab and run with.

Last Edited:
Lesson learned from my experience in Mogadishu...

Spotters...with binoculars and cell phones to track and report movement would be very helpful...
As well as some sort of "uniform" or ID so you can tell neighbor from not a neighbor.
Andy

I just wanted to update everybody in case they are considering doing this.

So far I have talked to 10+ people, and all responces were extremily positive.

I had 5+ people show up to the first meeting, and some had some hidden experience and talents I didn't have any clue about.

We didn't discuss specific plans about riot control type things, but it was just very helpful for everyone to meet each other. We all have similar concerns and goals. We discussed smaller scale type issues such as petty crime or home invasions.

Overall it has been a great experience and very reassuring.

I would strongly suggest pursuing this with neighbors if you don't know them well already.

I commend you for pre-planning. It's a sad day for the country when those of us who support our country, the police and our neighbors would be at odds with the FBI or any law organization.

Unless you live with in a few blocks of a starting point of a protest/riot, and on or close to a main road, I don't see a serious threat of things going live in neighborhood's! However, large crowds tend to be fluid and dynamic, so it could happen, though the ease of movement would generally prevent such a thing.

Give you an example, I'm 1 1/2 mile from Salem's capital grounds, I can see it from my back deck, but there are many residential neighborhood's between there and here, so the chances of them moving though far enough to get here are slim to none! I'm also kind of off the main drag, so the ease of movement works in my favor, and finally, there is a whole lot of nothing for almost 1/2 mile between me and the main highway they might travel! There is also a walliwirld between me and them, they are most likely to stop there and do their thing then continue on toward me!
What catnip is to cats, Wal-Mart is to looters...

A book you might find interesting is Preparing for a Suburban or Rural Community, by Michael Mabee (2013). It is a guide to setting up a civil defense (CD) type organization in a small community (mainly rural towns, but also the 'burbs) before a serious emergency. It is decent primer that covers major topics (organizational structure, legal matters, supply chain, defense, armament, et al.). Anyway, just passing it along.

The Beloved & I live on a cul-de-sac in semi-rural Snohomish County. The various people who live here get along with each other to varying degrees ranging from loathing to good will, with a large middle ground of indifference. I'm sure that self-interest would come into play if a genuine threat materialized, but trying to get most on board with anything would be like teaching a pig to sing.
The 2nd floor master BR looks down onto 50 yds. of driveway, from which entry to the cul-de-sac could be controlled, and most of the property is surrounded by Nature's Own Razor Wire.
IMHO, the pinheads who belch about bringing their act to "The Boonies" should watch what they wish for. Culturally, SnoCo east of Hwy 9 is nowhere close to the Proggie Weltanschauung that supports CHAZ/CHOP. The Pearl Clutchers were distraught when the Unorganized Militia showed them where the bear drops a deuce in the buckwheat in bucolic Snohomish, but nobody came to harm and no property was damaged. In the immortal words of Lee Ving "It's not my fault if I offend morons," and the ad hoc assemblage of the Fyrd in Snohomish owes no apologies to anybody. Offended morons can pound sand.
Anybody who thinks throwing a firebomb would be tolerated in East County would be disabused of this notion most rikki-tik.

R45,

That's refreshing to hear as some on the forum (apparently) think if they get fire bombed or attacked, they must stand idly paralyzed by for fear of the consequences of self defense.

Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking if my life, the loved ones in my house lives are under threatened with lethal attack we will defend ourselves.

The Beloved & I live on a cul-de-sac in semi-rural Snohomish County. The various people who live here get along with each other to varying degrees ranging from loathing to good will, with a large middle ground of indifference. I'm sure that self-interest would come into play if a genuine threat materialized, but trying to get most on board with anything would be like teaching a pig to sing.
The 2nd floor master BR looks down onto 50 yds. of driveway, from which entry to the cul-de-sac could be controlled, and most of the property is surrounded by Nature's Own Razor Wire.
IMHO, the pinheads who belch about bringing their act to "The Boonies" should watch what they wish for. Culturally, SnoCo east of Hwy 9 is nowhere close to the Proggie Weltanschauung that supports CHAZ/CHOP. The Pearl Clutchers were distraught when the Unorganized Militia showed them where the bear drops a deuce in the buckwheat in bucolic Snohomish, but nobody came to harm and no property was damaged. In the immortal words of Lee Ving "It's not my fault if I offend morons," and the ad hoc assemblage of the Fyrd in Snohomish owes no apologies to anybody. Offended morons can pound sand.
Anybody who thinks throwing a firebomb would be tolerated in East County would be disabused of this notion most rikki-tik.

:s0155: :s0094::s0069:

940C3239-2F85-4B54-955F-7646EFF3FC7D.gif

I might suggest that you and a few of your trusted neighbors reach out to the Sheriff's Department to learn about setting up an organized Neighborhood Watch program.

Some possibly helpful links:

Sounds like a fun group to BBQ with and have range buddies. People are weird. I've been in my house now for a year and we haven't even met half the people on this residential block. I can take some of the blame - I didn't prioritize walking door to door and introduce myself, but we definitely haven't gotten any kind of welcome beyond our immediate next door neighbors.

One thing to consider is coms. Cell phones are great when they work, but a $7 2-way radio can be more relied upon and doesn't depend on cell service. I have tested those boafeng 888's and they work amazingly well for how much they cost.

To me this sounds perfectly normal, for a neighborhood to want to want to organize toward a common goal. In my neighborhood I definitely represent the minority thought process though.

Yeah, if I was standing up a "Shooters Ridge" housing development, a radio would be included with each house and required to stay with the house--also *my* HOA would require each household to have at least one Home D rifle/shotgun... but would also have a community rifle-range within our walls. Something like Front Sight, if I'm understanding their marketing right... just smaller scale.

Yeah, if I was standing up a "Shooters Ridge" housing development, a radio would be included with each house and required to stay with the house--also *my* HOA would require each household to have at least one Home D rifle/shotgun... but would also have a community rifle-range within our walls. Something like Front Sight, if I'm understanding their marketing right... just smaller scale.

Where is this being put together, inquiring minds need to know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top