JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

Sorry for the 15th thread on rioters, but I have some pretty specific questions.

I live in a fairly spread out neighborhood, with multiple points of entry. walking distance to highway 99. I doubt anything will happen, but have been reaching out to neighbors just in case.

Please Ignore All the fantasy land about an open mob of looters storming down the street, with molotovs, which is 99.9% not going to happen here.

Assuming currently peaceful group of people, (with potential for violence), walking through the streets at night.

I have gathered 5-10 phone numbers of gun owners in my neighborhood, and all are willing to help protect house and neighborhood. We are not in visual range of eachother. Maybe 2-5 minutes at a run.

I am wondering what the best thing to so is to improve odds of preventing violence/looting from starting, and criminals from taking advantage of the situation.

My gut says we all stay at our own house, but stay in communication on a group text, ready to respond to any issues.

I would be tempted to LARP in full kit on my front lawn, like the people in Idaho and Indiana, but I think that losses effectiveness when you are by yourself.

Maybe we split into groups of 3 spread through neighborhood?

Thoughts on best LEGAL actions? (No backhoes involved. Its tempting to form a line and try to keep them out of the entire neighborhood, but I don't think that is legal, safe, or practical.

Pro Tip, the best thing you can do is to stop or make it difficult to move large numbers of people into and through your neighborhood! This is an OLD tactic, but effective! Use pickups, large SUV's and such to block the routs in/through/out! If people see it as difficult to move through, they will move elsewhere!
Outside of that, creating choke points, again, using large rigs, and other handy things, force the people to move through a controlled path where you have the tactical advantages of overwatch and control! Again, make it as difficult as you can, and they will move some place else! Hell, set up a few dumpsters, toss in a few old tires, dump in some gas/diesel, and light er up, effective as heck for "Redirecting Traffic" as you could want!

Been on my mind as well. My neighborhood sounds similar to yours and my problems are the same.
I'll be watching this thread.

Do you believe it will happen?

I commend you for getting with your neighbors. That's a huge step in the right direction.

I have to ask though.

How much is real concern versus paranoia?

IMHO....don't.

Why?

One bad apple will taint/spoil the whole bunch.

IMHO.....everyone has a personal responsibility for their own actions or in-actions. BUT....now a days....it seems that "personal responsibility" is not applicable to certain others (you know....especially to the people who see a possible political gain to be made).

Think about it......
Throwing entire CITIES and POLICE DEPTs. under the bus in the name of some idea of "Justice for Floyd".

Oh....my mistake. No justice. No Peace. :eek:

Aloha, Mark

Unless you live with in a few blocks of a starting point of a protest/riot, and on or close to a main road, I don't see a serious threat of things going live in neighborhood's! However, large crowds tend to be fluid and dynamic, so it could happen, though the ease of movement would generally prevent such a thing.

Give you an example, I'm 1 1/2 mile from Salem's capital grounds, I can see it from my back deck, but there are many residential neighborhood's between there and here, so the chances of them moving though far enough to get here are slim to none! I'm also kind of off the main drag, so the ease of movement works in my favor, and finally, there is a whole lot of nothing for almost 1/2 mile between me and the main highway they might travel! There is also a walliwirld between me and them, they are most likely to stop there and do their thing then continue on toward me!

Do you believe it will happen?

I commend you for getting with your neighbors. That's a huge step in the right direction.

I have to ask though.

How much is real concern versus paranoia?

I'd say 1<<% chance. It's more an excuse to link up which I have been meaning to do for a year.

Pro Tip, the best thing you can do is to stop or make it difficult to move large numbers of people into and through your neighborhood! This is an OLD tactic, but effective! Use pickups, large SUV's and such to block the routs in/through/out! If people see it as difficult to move through, they will move elsewhere!
Outside of that, creating choke points, again, using large rigs, and other handy things, force the people to move through a controlled path where you have the tactical advantages of overwatch and control! Again, make it as difficult as you can, and they will move some place else! Hell, set up a few dumpsters, toss in a few old tires, dump in some gas/diesel, and light er up, effective as heck for "Redirecting Traffic" as you could want!
I am not sure if lighting dumpsters on fire counts as legal. :s0140:

Kinda same issue with blocking cars.

Good tips though if things get really bad!

I am not sure if lighting dumpsters on fire counts as legal. :s0140:

Kinda same issue with blocking cars.

Good tips though if things get really bad!
The way I see it, you would have a little bit of a head start knowing if/when they are coming, so you would have time to move things around! If the crowd gets there, you can play the "those guys started the fires" card, and who can prove otherwise? Once it does become obvious that stuff is about to go down, then it's likely not to draw attention from the authorities, they will have more pressing things to consider!

Imagine......
One member of your group somehow becomes the target of the FBI or gets on some government watch list.

What are the chances that maybe you will ALL be labeled as Domestic Terrorist? Everyone, could/will be subject to having their phone tapped, mail examined, employers questioned, etc...

Remember.....
Hillary and Obama (plus the rest of their ilk) had no problem with weaponizing the FBI. Rrrrright..... investigating in the name of fighting against Domestic Terrorism. WE might just be an election away.

I'm a deplorable and a peon. Not to mention my group membership already makes me a target.

NRA = NAZI

Aloha, Mark

I'd say 1<<% chance. It's more an excuse to link up which I have been meaning to do for a year.
Nothing against getting together with like minded folks in the neighborhood.

Spending more time than that, nah, not needed.

Spend the time with family or other stuff.

Having made plans, knowing what you'll do in a "what if" situation is very prudent, given what we've watched unfold over the past week... Sharing those plans with forces that can help execute and protect, make them that much stronger.

I'll be watching with interest as I have concerns about neighborhood safety in a civil unrest situation.

Imagine......
One member of your group somehow becomes the target of the FBI or gets on some government watch list.

What are the chances that maybe you will ALL be labeled as Domestic Terrorist? Everyone, could/will be subject to having their phone tapped, mail examined, employers questioned, etc...

Remember.....
Hillary and Obama (plus the rest of their ilk) had no problem with weaponizing the FBI. Rrrrright..... investigating in the name of fighting against Domestic Terrorism. WE might just be an election away.

I'm a deplorable and a peon. Not to mention my group membership already makes me a target.

NRA = NAZI

Aloha, Mark

Lol. Well I feel bad for the other guys cus I am probably the one on all the lists!:s0140:

I post on here and other forums, and I have SBRs and suppresors, along with buying all my ammo and stuff online.

That ship has sailed.

Its a good point though. But if we get to the point the FBI is wiretapping neighborhood watches, well shoot I dunno what to say about that.

Its a good point though. But if we get to the point the FBI is wiretapping neighborhood watches, well shoot I dunno what to say about that.

In order to stay relevant. They need to show how important they are at smashing crime.

You know......since the mob is demanding the dissolution of the local Police.

Need a Warrant?

HA, Ha, ha......We be the FBI. :D

Aloha, Mark

NOTHING wrong with getting together with neighbors. Just be careful to make sure you do not say the wrong thing to the wrong people. Make sure you don't get some thinking you are some kind kook. Assuming the neighbors are good people great. Mobs want attention. They don't form in out of the way places as the whole idea is to be seen by a LOT of people. Still great to stay in with some of the neighbors. Anything can happen were having some to pitch in and help out would be great. Some natural disaster or such could be really nice to at least have gotten to know the people around you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top