JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few mannequin heads on pikes might get the message across but I don't know where to get a pike. I don't think the hoards will move too far out of their safe spaces. PDX, Seattle, etc. Is Lake Oswego going to let their custom homes burn? Is their police chief/council going to explain why they let it happen?

I meet most of my neighbors as we walk our dogs. Dogs sniffing butts is a good ice breaker. I let them know that I'm on the neighborhood watch and so get a wave an nod from most as they drive by. A few of my closest line of sight neighbors are veterans and there is that unspoken "I got your back" that goes with that. Best I can say is we don't live in fear but are aware and prepared.

Is Lake Oswego going to let their custom homes burn?

No more than any community would.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but let's not get into class warfare on this subject. Regardless of abode and neighborhood, we all need to act as a unified front when it comes to protecting hearth and home.
Now, please pass the Grey Poupon.

No more than any community would.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but let's not get into class warfare on this subject. Regardless of abode and neighborhood, we all need to act as a unified front when it comes to protecting hearth and home.
Now, please pass the Grey Poupon.
Two points. Am I wrong? Do I need to list every community?

Here is my take. I live in a similar neighborhood. I wouldn't post up near my house per se, but a good visible location. I would practice safe covid precautions by wearing masks. If idiots come in my neighborhood, just start beating the living crap out of anyone you don't know and then go on wit yo unidentifiable seff!

64515B4E-FEC1-408D-97BB-D9D5FA344AB7.jpeg

"I live in a communist-liberal neighborhood. There are few gun owner right minded thinking types. Any ideas on how to mobilize the neighborhood?"

Yeah. Allow The Mob to do whatever they want to the Pearl Clutchers while anybody attacking you and yours gets blown out of their shoes.
Having their property destroyed by their ideological bros and broettes is probably the most direct route to mobilizing them.

ADDENDUM:
"Put up Trump 2020 signs on the liberals yards, and Trump bumper stickers on their cars if parked outside. Put Bernie signs in your yard. ;)"

Would a yard full of MAGA/Trump signs be looked at like a baited field is in the Fish & Game Code?

Last Edited:
Put up Trump 2020 signs on the liberals yards, and Trump bumper stickers on their cars if parked outside. Put Bernie signs in your yard.

Alternately, gun owners should put up signs like "This person is armed and will shoot arsonists." Those homes without signs can safely be burned.

I've been in my house now for a year and we haven't even met half the people on this residential block.

My wife and I finally broke down and made cookies for every neighbor (whenever we moved to a new neighborhood), and knocked on their doors to deliver them. I think it used to go the other way, but it's no longer so.

You can also go around and collect names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, promising to deliver a completed list when done. I know some will not want to cooperate, but most will.

Peaceful neighborhood defense has a nice ring to it.

What if the alleged protestors come to your neighborhood aren't peaceful, in fact are there to pillage, plunder and burn you out ...what then?

1) "What if the alleged protestors come to your neighborhood aren't peaceful, in fact are there to pillage, plunder and burn you out ...what then?"
"Put that shotgun and fire two blasts into the air."
_ J. Biden

2) "Peaceful neighborhood defense has a nice ring to it."
How about Yeomanry at Arms?
The Fyrd?

3) "Alternately, gun owners should put up signs like "This person is armed and will shoot arsonists." Those homes without signs can safely be burned."
I disagree. If you ever do have to shoot (God forbid) yard signs expressing belligerent sentiments don't look good. Better that it comes as a surprise anyway.
Marauding Orcs aren't Nork Marines motivated to die for their cause. Dropping a couple will probably make it unnecessary to drop any more, right away anyhow.

r45,

Such talk, tsk tsk.

I was lambasted for less as some of our less than enthusiastic, but armed brethren, have difficulty with the thought of actually defending their castles if the shtf.

Guns are for target shooting only...and looking cool.

1) "Guns are for target shooting only...and looking cool."
Wait! You forgot hunting fo' Wabbits. 2A is all about Fuddguns, don't ya know?

2) I wasn't encouraging doing "gun violence," merely pointing out that looters are not motivated at the same level as people who are motivated by THE CAUSE. (Whatever that may be.) If the Orcs decide to take their act elsewhere upon the realization the intended victims are armed so much the better.
Example from back in the Dream Time (late 60s/early 70s) - Occurred in Perris, DPRK. I heard about it from a Latino friend who knew what happened.
The participants' factions were Black and Latino (although irrelevant). A beef among the kiddies escalated into a beef among the adults. 4 people attacked a home, shot the pregnant woman of the house, and moved in. The homeowner came to the door armed with his trusty Glenfield Model 60 and started lighting them up. When he dropped the leader and next in the stack, the remaining 2 beat feet, and he dropped them before they got out of the yard.
IIRC 2 dead, 2 down for the visiting team and the lady shot but survived on the home team. It was so egregious that the Black folks didn't see it as requiring retaliation, and the homeowner wasn't charged with anything.
When things got dicey the attackers departed most rikki-tik.

yard signs expressing belligerent sentiments don't look good.

I don't know about that. It seems reasonable to give a warning. Do arsonists like surprises then?

But it was tongue-in-cheek, so we don't really have to settle the matter - yet.

I see a lot of signs in my neck of the woods that read: 'We shoot trespassers and survivors will be shot again'!

Among other similarly themed signs.

I like em.

Prevention by sign is worth a pound of cure.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top