JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Enjoy watching this unusual occasion with me -

From Mars_attacks on sigforum.com, with thanks....he writes -

This one is chambered in .43 Spanish, the brass and casting mold had to come from Belgium, so 100 cases was $500.

It's been in my family forever and has always just hung up in the attic until our older brother retired, got bored and set out to see if he could make it shoot again.

This old rifle hasn't been shot in over 100 years since the Franco-Prussian war.

He is going to take it to Oklahoma and kill an Elk with it now.

And also from another friend off sigforum - Screaming_cockatoo

My gratish thankuments to both fine upstanderising gentlemen.

Last Edited:
That is super cool even @ 5 bucks a each for brass.

Is that you in the comments? (tacfoley)

ETA:
In the video he said $12 per round, why would it be that much with the brass at $5? :s0092:

Yessir, 'tis me. I do get around, y'know! Have you seen my Youtube channels? tac's guns, about guns, and tac's trains....well. I'll let you guess that that's about. ;)

Perhaps you have not bought any primers or powder lately. :)

Well, first of all he had to buy them cases from wherever [UK price of £4.72 each from Bertram Brass - our dealer in Henry Krank in Pudsey, Yorkshire, BTW]. He also had to buy a custom bullet mold.

...and ship it all from Yoorup to USA - AND pay some kind of importation taxes, I'd wager.

Thanks for sharing that! In the mid-60's, Remington Rolling Blocks in .43 Spanish were available in Shotgun News for a mere pittance and for half a pittance more you got ammo! All delivered right to your door via United States Mail.

Being on a G.I.'s limited income, I now believe that was my father's first purchase of a true antique gun.

The ammunition was still in its original packaging and was rife with verdigris.

We cleaned up the gun and the ammo, and (after lashing the rifle to a tire and firing it via a parachute cord attached to the trigger a few times) even 10 year-old me got to shoot it: A LOT! I remember it hurt me less than my '94 .30-30.

Those film clips brought back the memories.

Did some rummaging and came up with these: Albeit re-packaged in an old Remington .30-06 box. Dad had labeled these with his omnipresent Magic Marker to read, ".43 Argentine" (I think the Rolling Blocks were surplus Argentine guns).

These are originals, but I note some appear to have longer exposure (perhaps greater weight) of the bullet.
Lacking any real history of the cartridge, I wonder if a lighter load was developed (much as done for the .45-70 carbine). ??

P2240373.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top