JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mornin' folks!

A little while back I ran a poll querying which EDC guns y'all specifically carried when in PDX. Thank you for your feedback on here - immensely helpful!

Any members of the forum living in the Portland Metro Area / City Of Portland ?
(Not just travel here.) I have not seen many posts from users that do, but then again I am relatively new to NWFirearms. Would love to connect on here; our knowledge is power.

Trying to get some insight on how y'all deal with owning a gun, as well as conceal carrying in the most oppressive county in Oregon. It's been a slightly stressful; but doable situation for me...any Orygunian can relate with the f()ckery that goes on here.

What do you consider the most challenging obstacle being a gun owning citizen is here? For me it was being licensed to carry in every other state I had applied for - before I could carry in OR. As well as dealing with the shocked looks I get going to and from the range with my gear.

That said, let's keep on topic and refrain from the PDX-bashing, I know it's tempting and as you can see I agree with 100% of it ;) I live in Portland for many reasons - but that doesn't mean I like it.

:s0067:

Last Edited:
I live in SE Portland, Multnomah county even. I carry all day every day and am not sure what difficulties or challenges you're referring to.
If you have a valid OR CHL and carry responsibly you should have no issues. For example, I was at a large anchor store in a mall the other day trying on new sport coats... that activity obviously required me to remove my jacket several times. Planning ahead, I wore a shirt that didn't need to tucked-in so my gun could stay covered at all times... no problems, no one called me out. I don't know for a fact that it's a GFZ, but I would suspect it is. Done the same at hospitals, Dr offices, etc. If I was "discovered" and told to leave, I'd leave (taking my money and their sale with me).
Don't try that at federal buildings or courthouses tho... not likely to get a second chance w those places.

Mornin' folks!

A little while back I ran a poll querying which EDC guns y'all specifically carried when in PDX. Thank you for your feedback on here - immensely helpful!

Any members of the forum living in the Portland Metro Area / City Of Portland ?
(Not just travel here.) I have not seen many posts from users that do, but then again I am relatively new to NWFirearms. Would love to connect on here; our knowledge is power.

Trying to get some insight on how y'all deal with carrying in the most oppressive county in Oregon.
It's been a slightly stressful; but doable situation for me...any Orygunian can relate with the f()ckery that goes on here. What do you consider the most challenging obstacle being a CHL holder is here?
For me it was being licensed in every other state but OR before I could carry. As well as the daily threats I encounter on bike, foot, and less often car - due to of the crumbling; decrepit state of this city.

That said, let's keep on topic and refrain from the PDX-bashing, I know it's tempting and as you can see I agree with 100% of it ;) I live in Portland for many reasons - but that doesn't mean I like it.

:s0067:

Portland snow flake, hipster, millennial, skinny jean ,bun wearin' "Device Zombies" noticing a bulge from you EDC . :s0114: :s0140: Hell, they don't even notice when the light turns green and they are at the front of the line!!

PDX bash and valuable input all in one.

My work here is done. :s0033:

Portland snow flake, hipster, millennial, skinny jean ,bun wearin' "Device Zombies" noticing a bulge from you EDC . :s0114: :s0140: Hell, they don't even notice when the light turns green and they are at the front of the line!!

PDX bash and valuable input all in one.

My work here is done. :s0033:

:s0140: This is so hilariously accurate.

What Jonnyuma said. Same rules as the rest of the state. No issues.

On the contrary - not the same rules as the rest of the state at all. Multnomah County and especially the city of Portland are notorious for making their own rules, and taking it to court in an attempt atcontesting state law. There are specific rules that pertain to the city that do not exist anywhere else in Oregon. Kevin Starret's (OFF) Oregon's Gun Laws book goes into detail on them, and the most current revision of the book is mainly due to what changes are proposed here, and what has been enacted here. The stupidity is stifling.

Last Edited:
On the contrary - not the same rules as the rest of the state at all. Multnomah County and especially the city of Portland are notorious for making their own rules, and taking it to court in an attempt atcontesting state law. MThere are specific rules that pertain to the city that do not exist anywhere else in Oregon. Kevin Starret's (OFF) Oregon Gun Laws book goes into detail on them, and the most current revision of the book is mainly due to what changes are proposed here and enacted here. The stupidity is stifling.

What concealed carry rules are different in Portland than in the rest of the state?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top