JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
oh my gosh. I'm a believer now - that gun shows suck. I haven't been so hard on gun shows in the past but thought I'd stop in today at the portland expo center... WAFW (what a flocking waste). Empty tables - no show vendors. half the tables there are junk. Maybe because Friday is the setup day for a three day show - idk. Based on today, I can wholeheartedly recommend you don't waste your time.

So you paid for parking and entry and left without a beanie baby? I would've at least grabbed some ketchup packets! Just kidding. I stopped going to that show 2 1/2yrs ago. I was going every time for years.

Did you get a good parking spot and a short line? Use that BI-Mart card? I hate that long walk back to the truck with nothing but ticket stubs:( Pretty sure the last one I went to had some sort of shower display next to some wooden airplanes back in the back. Something for everyone.......or no one.

Saturday is the best day of any two or three day show.

Friday they are setting up, usually in the afternoon.

Saturday is when the most vendors and people are there.

Sunday a few have left, then the rest start packing up around noon.

With that said they should at least adjust the parking and entry fee to reflect the actual show that isn't advertised or make all vendors arrive at a set time and leave at a set time so the people that do pay to go to one day of a three day show aren't getting burned Friday and sunday.

With that said they should at least adjust the parking and entry fee to reflect the actual show that isn't advertised or make all vendors arrive at a set time and leave at a set time so the people that do pay to go to one day of a three day show aren't getting burned Friday and sunday.
Yeah really! I felt cheated today. But shame on me for going on a Friday. Well - in past three days shows - Fridays were always booming. Times have changed. And yes, I had great parking and a short walk

I go once in awhile. I have fun looking at the different guns. It is more fun if I find something that I want to buy, but even if not, it is still fun to look around. At least the ammo prices are coming back to somewhat reasonable prices. I am not going this weekend, maybe next time?

We hadn't been to a show since TSHTF. Before that however the Wes Knodel show, (old rose City Gun Show) were the better, larger of the two, in the larger building and only Saturday and Sundays.
We went to the Collectors West show three months ago, on a Sunday, and it was as the Dobeman described. a bunch of empty tables. Only add that a lot of the folks sitting or standing behind the tables looked bored as hell and that they could doze off at any minute. It was kind of funny and pathetic at the same time! But Wifey did pick up an SR9 for an extra $20.00 off (last day thing?), at Northwest Armory.
We still like to go just to look around though, but we'll wait for the Wes Knodel show next time.

Mike

I usually don't go to gun shows when there is nice weather - there will be fewer vendors because they know people would rather be out doing things than being indoors. THis is why no show is scheduled close to a holiday or on a holiday weekend.

I usually don't go to gun shows when there is nice weather - there will be fewer vendors because they know people would rather be out doing things than being indoors. THis is why no show is scheduled close to a holiday or on a holiday weekend.

Summer time is not the time to go o a PDX gun show.
I like the Canby gun show it is smaller, 6.00$ at the door no parking fee and no lines.

Friday is good for getting the sticker bargains.

Sunday is good for bargaining down the sticker prices.

Other then that, most things are cheaper on line (sites or private party used). I have found some good deals on little stuff like tanerite targets etc but mostly it's just a good place to finger shop and see how things feel for me.

I went to a show in Spokane last weekend, what difference, it's like night and day compared to Portland.

Approx 90% of the tables were private sellers, compared to Portland where it seems that the vast majority of the tables have local gun shop new inventory selling for more than at their stores.

I go to gun shows to check out guns I don't normally see at the local stores, so I've gone to my last Portland show for a while...

Not hitting this one, however, at the last three big shows I was able to refill gaps in my practice ammo for decent prices. I found a case of .38spl, .45APC and 9mm, one at each show. Tannerite, targets, defensive ammo, etc. I rarely buy a gun at the shows.
Now I really enjoyed the Carson show a couple of weeks ago! Ditto on the Camby show. A whole different feel, real fun!:D SRG

I had a better time at this show than the last one. I went Friday and scored a Sig p220, folded slide made-in-germany 45 acp pistol in 90% condition. Only $500, with box, papers, and three mags.

I also saw some unusual stuff this time around. There were two Coonan .357 magnum 1911 pistols, never seen one in person before. But there were also some empty tables.

I went to a show in Spokane last weekend, what difference, it's like night and day compared to Portland.

Approx 90% of the tables were private sellers, compared to Portland where it seems that the vast majority of the tables have local gun shop new inventory selling for more than at their stores.

I went to the Lakeland gun show in Florida this past winter now that was fun. It was great to find good stuff at good prices Could not buy any guns. but had to ship lots of other stuff.

Rich's Gun Shop in Donald gave me the same $30 discount on Glocks that they were offering to the buyers at their table at the gun show, so I wound up with a brand new G19 out the door for $510. Its a lot easier and nicer to drive to Donald than it is to drive to North Portland, I didn't have to pay to get in, and I was able to park my car about 15 feet from the front door of the shop. For free.:p

Rich's Gun Shop in Donald gave me the same $30 discount on Glocks that they were offering to the buyers at their table at the gun show, so I wound up with a brand new G19 out the door for $510. Its a lot easier and nicer to drive to Donald than it is to drive to North Portland, I didn't have to pay to get in, and I was able to park my car about 15 feet from the front door of the shop. For free.:p

Rich's is A-1 with me! I wish he were nearer to me. Don't think most dealers at a gun show are that user friendly!:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top