JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was nice to see ammo prices coming down to prices that the average Joe can afford to buy and shoot. Saw lots of brand name 5.56 / .223 for under $300.00/1000 even in 200 and 400 piece packages.

I was disapointed that I didn't see the gun that I wanted to handle anywhere in the show today. Was hoping to get my hands on a P99c as a possible CW replacement for a Sig full size. Someone told me that the P99c was not available in 9mm any longer. Can anyone confirm or deny.

Did you try looking at the Keith's Guns tables at the show, or asking them.

Yeah, It's pretty hard to Not find your way to Keith's at a gun show. I think he had 1/3 of the total weapons by volume. I stopped by, looked, asked. They showed me a full size one they had (2). Possible they had one at the store.

It was interesting. Two P99's side by side. 1 had extended slide release on both sides (looked like HK style), the other a shorty just on the left side. One had decocker on top and other didn't see a decocker at all. Guess I need to do more research on that pistol.

I was drawn to it primarily because I like the feel of the P22 and I like the magazine release style on that gun. Based on viewing only they look very simiular. I've had my standard magazine release button pushed a few times while in my holster and pull pistol out and had magazine be 1/8" out of the well. That gives 1 good shot and then that :huh: feeling. . Honestly I'm not trained well enough to remember the "seat on the magazine" step, in a life or death moment.

idk about keiths they are great guys and good prices but i've caught them on a few discrepancies like telling me a psl is a dragnouv and that its worth 800 dollars...or a saiga 12 thats "brand new" but has rust on the inside of the barrel...

Did ya happen to see how much NW Ammo Supply was selling 1000 rounds of Tula .223/5.56 for? Gotta pick up some more for the upcoming Integrated Weapons Class next weekend!

I'm taking a break from doing the vendor thing at the PDX show until at least the next one.

Did ya happen to see how much NW Ammo Supply was selling 1000 rounds of Tula .223/5.56 for? Gotta pick up some more for the upcoming Integrated Weapons Class next weekend!

I'm taking a break from doing the vendor thing at the PDX show until at least the next one.

No, I didn't look for pricing on that one specifically although I did see the brand name a couple times. I saw some wolf at one the 3 major guys selling ammo and it was like $229.00/1000

I almost popped on some M855 SS109 green tip from Federal that was down to $169.00 per 500 or $95.00/300 . 900 rounds of Federal XM193 on stripper clips was under $300.00. The same stuff that Cabela's had on sale for $500.00 for the last year.

If you are looking at a Walther P99c, you might as well look at the Walther PPS. It is easier to conceal and it is a great little pistol.

Yes, saw lots of those. I don't find the grip on them to be quite as comfortable but I noticed also that nobody is allowed to have magazines in the weapons anymore so you don't really get the feel of any of the compact auto loaders in my opinion. Most of the big dealers have them all locked up with cables on top of that.
Someone stopped me today and politely told me that I'd better remove the magazine from my P22 (even though it had the yellow sticker and a white plastic wire tie from stem to stern through the magazine well and slide. I mean really, it's a gun show after all and there will be guns there :s0131: Nobody searched me going in. I declared both my guns going in (unloaded and checked) Talk about feeling naked.

idk about keiths they are great guys and good prices but i've caught them on a few discrepancies like telling me a psl is a dragnouv and that its worth 800 dollars...or a saiga 12 thats "brand new" but has rust on the inside of the barrel...

hahahaha last time i went to Keith's.... the store that is, the fat red haired dude told me I needed an Open Carry License to open carry. I was like OK dude and walked away trying not to laugh :s0112:

was trying to find a deal on a surefire light.. no glory..
who is the vendor on the north end named louie?.. seemed pretty aggressive.
i asked him about somethig on his table and he started getting obnoxious. wow.:s0114:

Yes, saw lots of those. I don't find the grip on them to be quite as comfortable but I noticed also that nobody is allowed to have magazines in the weapons anymore so you don't really get the feel of any of the compact auto loaders in my opinion. Most of the big dealers have them all locked up with cables on top of that.
Someone stopped me today and politely told me that I'd better remove the magazine from my P22 (even though it had the yellow sticker and a white plastic wire tie from stem to stern through the magazine well and slide. I mean really, it's a gun show after all and there will be guns there Nobody searched me going in. I declared both my guns going in (unloaded and checked) Talk about feeling naked.

Yes, stay away from the PPS. I bought one new back in March. Ran 296 rounds through it and it barfed all the extractor parts on the floor. Sent in for warranty, got it back, fired 8 rounds and it did the same exact thing. Back to S&W (walther) it went with a note to refund my purchase price. 13 days later they call and say they are sending me a replacement gun. When I ask why a new gun and not the money they say they seldom read the notes with the guns. OK, send the gun. I give them the name of a local gun shop so it can be shipped to an FFL and have the background check performed (new unregistered gun so it has to be done). I tell S&W the cost of the transfer and they say they won't pay it, it's too high. They offer me "a couple of magazines to make up for it." Swell, mags for a gun I don't really want. Finally talked to Paul at S&W and he called the local and worked it out. I picked up the new gun on day 23. New gun shoots great. I love this little bast@rd! Light, compact, accurate as heck, cool! Then during 3rd range session at round 194 the slide stop spring comes unhooked, jamming the gun open.
Send in back to S&W and call them and call them, and call them, can't get a human on the phone. Finally after 6 days I talk to someone there and tell them I want my bucks and no replacement gun. They tell me they are on a 2 week shut down and no one can do anything until August 16th when they all come back and fire up the plant again. Gee, glad I didn't need the gun for protection or something like that. I eventually talk to the department head on the 17th (no response on the 16th) and they agreed to refund my purchase price. I e-mailed them a scanned copy of the invoice and they say the "the checks in the mail." We'll see.
On the P99c - I have 2 Walthers and 1 S&W version. These are great weapons. I have never had a problem with any of them and my S&W in .40 is right at 2,200 rounds. I have a near new P99c for sale in the classifieds here right now. I bought it a month ago when I got fed up with the PPS. I was just a tad pissed, and also sent a copy of that bill of that receipt to the department head at S&W. This is what ultimately convinced them to send me the green stuff instead of another POS....er..PPS.
That's my story on the PPS from start to finish!
R.D.

Yes, stay away from the PPS. I bought one new back in March. Ran 296 rounds through it and it barfed all the extractor parts on the floor. Sent in for warranty, got it back, fired 8 rounds and it did the same exact thing. Back to S&W (walther) it went with a note to refund my purchase price. 13 days later they call and say they are sending me a replacement gun. When I ask why a new gun and not the money they say they seldom read the notes with the guns. OK, send the gun. I give them the name of a local gun shop so it can be shipped to an FFL and have the background check performed (new unregistered gun so it has to be done). I tell S&W the cost of the transfer and they say they won't pay it, it's too high. They offer me "a couple of magazines to make up for it." Swell, mags for a gun I don't really want. Finally talked to Paul at S&W and he called the local and worked it out. I picked up the new gun on day 23. New gun shoots great. I love this little bast@rd! Light, compact, accurate as heck, cool! Then during 3rd range session at round 194 the slide stop spring comes unhooked, jamming the gun open.
Send in back to S&W and call them and call them, and call them, can't get a human on the phone. Finally after 6 days I talk to someone there and tell them I want my bucks and no replacement gun. They tell me they are on a 2 week shut down and no one can do anything until August 16th when they all come back and fire up the plant again. Gee, glad I didn't need the gun for protection or something like that. I eventually talk to the department head on the 17th (no response on the 16th) and they agreed to refund my purchase price. I e-mailed them a scanned copy of the invoice and they say the "the checks in the mail." We'll see.
On the P99c - I have 2 Walthers and 1 S&W version. These are great weapons. I have never had a problem with any of them and my S&W in .40 is right at 2,200 rounds. I have a near new P99c for sale in the classifieds here right now. I bought it a month ago when I got fed up with the PPS. I was just a tad pissed, and also sent a copy of that bill of that receipt to the department head at S&W. This is what ultimately convinced them to send me the green stuff instead of another POS....er..PPS.
That's my story on the PPS from start to finish!
R.D.

Thanks for the input. The most noteable part of the whole thing is when the rep tells you "we don't often read the notes that come....." That's just too funny. I mean, why would you read the comments right:s0114:

I think I saw your ad. I'm looking for a very particular version of that gun. I'm thinking of posting a request for all the FFL's on the site to find me one.
THX

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads