JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a link to the rest of the state. It takes a little to figure out how to use it, but it's fun. Regarding the "Big One", you will want to check the "Cascadia Earthquake Hazard" box. I find it interesting that the map viewer tools have a box for "Earthquake Hazard" and another one specifically for "Cascadia..."

The chances of a magnitude 8 or greater earthquake occurring here in the next 50 years are not 1 in 10 as a previous poster said but rather 3.7 in 10 or 37% according to Chris Goldfinger from OSU, leading geologist on the Cascadia Subduction Zone. It's gonna happen, folks, and it's gonna happen soon.

Here's a link to the rest of the state. It takes a little to figure out how to use it, but it's fun. Regarding the "Big One", you will want to check the "Cascadia Earthquake Hazard" box. I find it interesting that the map viewer tools have a box for "Earthquake Hazard" and another one specifically for "Cascadia..."

The chances of a magnitude 8 or greater earthquake occurring here in the next 50 years are not 1 in 10 as a previous poster said but rather 3.7 in 10 or 37% according to Chris Goldfinger from OSU, leading geologist on the Cascadia Subduction Zone. It's gonna happen, folks, and it's gonna happen soon.

'SOON' in relation to when in 50 years?

Uh, did the 50 year clock start when the articles were published (cited goldfinger was done in '15, or his 13year study published in 2012) or ?

So as previously stated, you can do what exactly to prepare, mitigate damage how, ? ?

Yepper, keep the 'ground is going to shake, buildings going to fall, but i'm prepared and 'I will survive' (last part sung by Gaynor) hyperbole woe is me alive!

So I looked at that map. It shows buildings/houses/etc.

I zoomed in on my house. My house is surrounded by about ten feet of grey - i.e., I am in my own little protected zone. :D:s0115:

Initially when it hits it will be a neighbor helping neighbor scenario. After matters stabilize, hundreds of thousands will begin the long foot path towards home. Given several days, most will have made it. Then the fun begins. Many will have no homes due to either the initial raw destruction or gas fires. Some of those who prepped will have access to their supplies, some will not. If road ways are operable, National Guard and FEMA might make it to distribution points with supplies. After the first week of no supplies and general chaos, civility will take a vacation.
Don't expect normalcy for quite some time. Many will die
during the event, but many will die because of the
aftermath. As they say, keep your powder dry.
These are my thoughts exactly. If I die in the quake, whatever. But if I survive, I don't want to die 2 weeks later from hunger or hungry hordes.

My wife also works across the river, so I need to somehow get to her and bring her back or GTFO of dodge .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top