JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What model, and what do you need done.....am Colt factory trained.

I don't need a lot done, mostly just have some questions. I'm new to the Colt world and just see lots of different stuff/info on the web. Not sure what to believe...

I have an 80 series that has a ton of mods done to it, but it won't shoot straight. What needs to be done to make it right?

I have 73' Commander that has the original spring, it obviously needs a new spring, but what poundage?
Does it need the plastic spring dew-hicky that my 80 series has on it?
Can I run 235 grain ball ammo through it or should I stick to 185 grain semi-wadcutters?

I have a new Gold Cup Trophy. Which spring should I use with it? The factory sends a light and heavy spring. What are the poundages on these?
The factory says not to run ball ammo through it. Why?

In my past, spending big dollars on a pistol always took a back seat to top dollar fishing gear. So, buying and shooting Glocks has done little for my knowledge and experience. Not say that Glocks are bad, but shooting a great running 1911 is much different.

One at a time;

The Series 80 that won't shoot straight...need more info.
Where is it hitting vs where you're aiming?
High - low - left - right?

'73 Commander
I don't know what a "plastic spring dew-hicky" is. I have springs here, and get supply you with the right recoil spring.
Is this a steel frame or alloy framed Commander?
if it's steel, you can anything thru it. If it's alloy aluminum, I would stay away from +P stuff, but most anything else is ok.

Gold Cop trophy, has both a 16 and 12lb springs...I believe the 12lb spring should have a 'green' end on it.
The 12lb spring is for light target loads, and the 16 for everything else.
Not sure why you can't run ball thru them, have known many a "Cup" to have ball thru it.

The plastic spring dew-hicky slides on the recoil spring plug.

The 80 shoots low left. I still need to put it on a rest and run some different rounds through it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top