JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Managed to modify a brass catcher for the ASR's. Looks like it would work with any of the PCC's that have a 1913 rail on top. My 10mm was putting a forward spin on the brass so it was wanting to hit the wall and bounce forward past the bench where I could not get at it. As expensive as the ammo is I wanted that brass! Saw this one and it works fine on the ASR if you set it up to eject left side. Looking at it I thought I could modify it to work on the right and it worked great. Originally has just interceded to use it just make some kind of deflector so the brass could not go forward. Damn this actually catches most of it like this and the few that miss are at my feet now. Same set up set up should work on the Just Right Carbine as well, and any others with a 1913 rail. I originally put it on with a .75 riser I use for optics. To make sure it would work even with that and it did no problems.
Amazon.com : Caldwell Pic Rail Brass Catcher : Hunting And Shooting Equipment : Sports & Outdoors

ASR-BC1.jpg ASR-BC2.jpg

How many rounds of 9mm cases do you think that will hold? One of my M11-nine uppers has a rail on top I could put that catcher on. I'd rather empty that than have to police the brass off the ground.

How many rounds of 9mm cases do you think that will hold? One of my M11-nine uppers has a rail on top I could put that catcher on. I'd rather empty that than have to police the brass off the ground.

Probably at least one happy stick full. It's not very big. When I was first trying it out I was concerned about it causing a jam by the stuff bouncing back. So for most of the first test I had the bottom open to let the brass just fall through. It was leaving them on the bench for me. At the end I closed it and out of a 15 round mag 12 stayed in the bag, 3 fell on the bench. The 12 10mm in the bag looked like it would easily hold 3 or 4 times that many of those so it would hold a good bunch of 9's. Some of course bounce out the back where I had to alter it. It was fine with me since they still fell at my feet, landed right on the bench so the 150 rounds I shot let me bring home 150 empties. Also the mesh bag on this comes off the frame. I took it off to cut out the one part. So it would be dead simple to make up a longer bag if you wanted. Could easily double the capacity or more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top