JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For me it Battlezone. Apparently there's still a small but dedicated group of folks who still play! I used to absolutely LOVE this game. It's a first person shooter / strategy game based on futuristic hover tanks. Some of you may remember the old Battlezone full-sized arcade game, well the PC version was an outgrowth of that game.

Atari-bz-arcade.jpg

The PC game came out in 1998, and the graphics and game play were years ahead of their time. Even today with mega-pixel monster games, the graphics are still stunning. The great part is, the guy(s) supporting it have made improvements, and you can download and play it for free! You can do either single player, or multi-player strategy or death match games. I'd love to get some more people on board to play, so come by if you're interested. Here's the link:

Battlezone1.com

You can find the game on the downloads page. It's a pretty quick download, and you're up and running.

Atari-bz-arcade.jpg

Weapons Factory Arena
It was a mod for quake 3.

It remains the single funnest and fastest paced game i've ever played.
It was a 9 class capture the flag game, but I was always partial to the marine.
Between the offhand grapple and rocket jumps, you could be in and out of a room within seconds. Think spider man, only much faster and with a rocket launcher

I'll play with old friends every now and then, and i'll watch the videos when i'm feeling nostaligic.
It's fun to find a new video of a tourney that I was playing in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out GOG.com, some truly classic games at low prices, reworked for modern operating systems.

Planescape: Torment is a must-see older game.

These people are providing a great service to people like us.

I can't tell you how many hours I put into Age of Empires 2 and its expansion pack, I was excited to hear about AoE3 but when I realized they completely changed it, it kinda sucked. I swear, if they remade AoE2 with updated graphics and physics but kept the same gameplay, I'd be all over that.

I fully expect to be laughed at so have at it but....TOMB RAIDER. I got it in elementary school, and ive been playin it ever since. I am obsessed, lol, always have been! I am even gettin a Lara tat soon 150726_3513880760411_20357923_n.jpg

150726_3513880760411_20357923_n.jpg

I can't tell you how many hours I put into Age of Empires 2 and its expansion pack, I was excited to hear about AoE3 but when I realized they completely changed it, it kinda sucked. I swear, if they remade AoE2 with updated graphics and physics but kept the same gameplay, I'd be all over that.

WOLOLO!!!!

SHH HO. A VILLAGER IS BORN

Classic Sierra Adventure games, Space Quest is my favorite series, but Kings Quest, Police Quest and :s0131: Leisure Suit Larry
if you've still got access to some of the classics, Dosbox is a great piece of software for running the old stuff, I think they base most of the gog.com releases off of it

I get way into roms too, digging into the classic console games, and fully intend to build or convert an arcade cabinet for a MAME machine, get some standup Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong and all the other awesome games from the past (Berzerk! YES!)

Berzerk (Arcade) Gameplay - YouTube

"Full Throttle" - Lucas Arts Biker RPG
Full Throttle was freaking awesome! I LOVED the funk soundtrack! I was playing Diablo 2 right up until Diablo 3 came out. Battlefield 2, and bad company 2 are both awesome. The one I really wish I could find all over again is Wasteland from back around 1988- I've seen some disc images or whatever online but have never been able to get any to work...

Also, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards was great, even though I was too young to understand all the jokes when I played it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads