JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amazon treated me good when it was determined that one of companies selling on their site was a fraud. Amazon sent me an e-mail and gave me a credit on my credit card within 2 days. It wasn't just me of course, but a lot of other customers. It was for a scope. I ended up buying the scope on Midway USA.

Amazon treated me good when it was determined that one of companies selling on their site was a fraud. Amazon sent me an e-mail and gave me a credit on my credit card within 2 days. It wasn't just me of course, but a lot of other customers. It was for a scope. I ended up buying the scope on Midway USA.
I've always gotten very good customer service, but the way they treat vendors, and the political machinations of Amazon Web Services have put a bad taste in my mouth.

I hadn't thought of that, as a solution to the dilemma of needing to transfer money between people with less risk of loss. Might have to investigate it again. If I had any way to recover that old bitcoin wallet I had once upon a time, it's probably worth quite a bit, now.
I'm not trying to a shill for any one crypto in particular. But. I am personally very interested in Cardano and etherium. They are much more useful.
full disclosure. I am fairly heavily invested in Cardano and a little bit in Etherium and Bitcoin.
I urge anyone interested to do as much research as they can stand.
blockchain and it's encrypted decentralized finance, decentralized identity management and decentralized governance is the future of the internet.
My .02

Thanks. And I understand, PayPal is owned by eBay. (I haven't heard anything bad about eBay, but then again, I haven't gone searching for it either).
They used to be, but they split few years ago. I sell on eBay & starting this year, eBay wouldn't even let me take PayPal payments anymore.

I think I've used PayPal for like 20 years & it's been 100% reliable. For that, I wanted to find a way to still use them for my eBay transactions, but this news has taken away any interest I had in doing that. They started prohibiting firearms related transactions many years ago & I wasn't a fan of that either.

I also used PayPal for some online shopping as well, but if they are just going start making up rules & I can only imagine how much they are profiting in interest for their 180 day freeze of former clients money. I think I'll reserve PayPal for emergency transactions, but that's about it from now on.

I've always gotten very good customer service, but the way they treat vendors, and the political machinations of Amazon Web Services have put a bad taste in my mouth.
I have LOVED Amazon for YEARS. Never a problem that could not be fixed fast. After the Parler thing I started looking for alternatives. I was shocked at how easy it was to not work with Amazon now. Competition is a good thing. Been using Wally for about 85% of the stuff we were buying from Amazon. Not that they are much better but I like not giving Amazon my money. Next time my Prime comes due I will probably keep that as Wife uses it still but I have not bought anything off Amazon in a while now. Will not unless I just can't find what I need.

I have LOVED Amazon for YEARS. Never a problem that could not be fixed fast. After the Parler thing I started looking for alternatives. I was shocked at how easy it was to not work with Amazon now. Competition is a good thing. Been using Wally for about 85% of the stuff we were buying from Amazon. Not that they are much better but I like not giving Amazon my money. Next time my Prime comes due I will probably keep that as Wife uses it still but I have not bought anything off Amazon in a while now. Will not unless I just can't find what I need.
I'm going a month without buying anything there to see what it's like. May not completely drop them either because they have really saved my bacon a few times. But they are definitely going to loose some of my business for that stunt AWS pulled on Parler. Now I say all that and for all I know my next job may well involve code that uses AWS... :rolleyes:

I stopped using Paypal a while back. They are vehemently anti freedom. They once withheld payment for a knife I sold because "weapons are against our policy." Screw them. I use Zelle a lot these days and have had good luck so far.

I've heard that zelle is user friendly but have never used myself. Seems to be catching on as the PayPal alternative? Might be worth looking into.

also I heard that eBay no longer accepts PayPal and have switched over to their own payment system. Haven't looked into it though, that's just what I heard. Methinks PayPal is going to be losing a lot of business...

And pulling all my funds out of Paypal....I have and use other apps but have found the need to be "discreet" regardless of platform. The fact Paypal chose to censor at this level does not bode well. I know GunBroker Pay is using something called FreedomCoin by Bitrail which apparently is not yet avail in OR and honestly I know nothing about it, but might be worth looking into? In the meantime old school paper checks still work last time I checked and the USPS could probably use the stamp $

And pulling all my funds out of Paypal....I have and use other apps but have found the need to be "discreet" regardless of platform. The fact Paypal chose to censor at this level does not bode well...
I think u are onto the core of the problem there. It seems to me several payment sites lump firearms and ammo into their "restricted" category but don't enforce it to a crazy level. But PayPal seems to be on a total crusade to ban anything at all firearm related. They probably have data miners that scour every transaction for keywords or something (100% guessing on that).

From a long-term perspective I guess we should be thankful that we live in a free country though cuz if there is a vacuum then creative and entrepreneurial people will fill it. In this case the "vacuum" is a convenient payment system for firearms and related products. Fortunately the state does not control our free-market economy so more alternatives to anti-gun companies like godaddy and PayPal are already in the works i'm sure.

So I think we will have better payment options in the US in the future but it's darn uncomfortable in the meantime though.

To me PayPal holding a non-profits money for 180 days while they collect interest on it is beyond the pale. Multiply what they are doing to trash no land by all the hundreds or thousands of individuals and companies they locked up the $ for 180 days. That's a lot of interest $. Especially when it's not even a violation of their policies in this case. Imo we should actively spread the word as widely as possible about this BS.

Also I wonder if some attorney group might jump onto this and after talking to others who also are getting screwed by PayPal they might want to do a class-action suit? To my way of thinking this bs does rise to that level where it deserves such action.

Along that same vein, if an individual donor donated to a non profit via PayPal and didn't break any laws in doing so, wouldn't it be illegal on a federal or state level for the payment processor to prevent those funds from reaching the non-profit in a reasonable time frame?

Last Edited:
My thinking is that if you have a merchant gateway from an outfit that's pro 2nd amendment, it should alleviate these kinds of problems, even if you're not selling guns/ammo. It's important to me, personally, as I am working towards an online business selling, among other things, gun parts and firearm related merch.

Now, we just need a pro 2nd amendment smarty that can code web stuff to make us something like paypal, but less infested with cranial rectumitis. I would expect that such a thing would be very popular with about 50% of the adult US population.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top