JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just looking for a way to donate but don't use Paypal. I've had issues with them years ago and will not use them. I've looked and unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be an alternative.
Is that correct?

Donations via cash, check, or money order may be sent to Northwest Firearms, PO Box 28152, Portland, OR, 97228. Please remember to include your registered username.

I do not believe you need a PayPal account to use the donation page but @Joe Link (site owner) can help.

Donations via cash, check, or money order may be sent to Northwest Firearms, PO Box 28152, Portland, OR, 97228. Please remember to include your registered username.

I do not believe you need a PayPal account to use the donation page but @Joe Link (site owner) can help.
Thanks for that deadeye. I tried going through the process on the donation page but it always ends up via Paypal.
Thanks again.

If I gave up a service every time it was a problem, eventually I'd have none.

Try PayPal again. I've been using them for well over a decade, and never had a problem.
But I also haven't fallen for scams that would make me want to hate them.

Besides, if you're just donating, not expecting a product or service, and use the link provided by the recipient, there's not much that go wrong. Sure a lot easier.

I had pay pal make a payment for a computer battery.

The name they paid did not match. The address did not match. And you can only talk to them on line if you have an account with Pay Pall.

They have a phone number. And after some time navigation it. You will inevitably be directed back to the web site.
Ya...….. The one you cant start a complaint from because you don't have an account. o_O

I called my Bank. And they tried to contact them with no luck. They called me back and said my money was returned. And the bank wouldn't be paying Pay Pal. ;)

No more pay pal for me. :s0002:

Last Edited:
I sent a check to this website.
In two weeks I had confirmation it was received.

I do not use PayPal.
I know everyone loves it.
I know a few people who have lost money or had trouble using it.
The fewer number of people between me and my recipient seems to work best.

We recently had a couple hundred dollars show up in our PayPal account. Then some lady contacts us and tells us to give her the money back. Red flags were going up all over.

We contact PayPal and they are barely any help at all. This gal is basically threatening us. PayPal goes from not caring the first week after reporting this to them, to weird language that insinuates we are part of some scam. I had enough at that point. Told them we would not do a single thing with the money that showed up in our PayPal account. They could reverse it or do whatever they please. As soon as it was cleared up we shut that thing down.

They are a joke. And on top of that if they can help it, they don't allow any firearms related transactions. Sucks if you are not on big techs in club list. They just shut you down and say you're a hate speech purveyor or some sort of nazi.

Anyhow I'd be leary of PayPal catching you using their service to purchase firearms. It'll only be a matter of time until they figure out a better algorithm to pinpoint those sales. Probably in the fine print that they get to keep those monies....... o_O

The name they paid did not match. The address did not match...

And yet you still gave them money? I would have moved on first sign of trouble.
Which is probably why I've never been scammed in thousands of online transactions.

For example, would you hand your credit-card to someone selling knock-offs? Don't give criminals more bait.

Anyhow I'd be leery of PayPal catching you using their service to purchase firearms.

Why would you use a service that explicitly states such transactions are against their policy?

Reminds me of folks who say something like "plus 5% if using PayPal..."
Seems so many have never read the regs, then wonder why they're booted from the service.

And yet you still gave them money? I would have moved on first sign of trouble.
Which is probably why I've never been scammed in thousands of online transactions.

For example, would you hand your credit-card to someone selling knock-offs? Don't give criminals more bait.

Actually the store site had an American name and address. And looked good enough to buy a $30 battery from.

After my purchase I was sent a Pay Pal receipt for $30 paid to Din Ho.
That was not a match. :s0108:

That was not a match.
Which, in my mind, equals "cancel transaction".

Still, are you really going to let a $30 mistake off-set the gazillion you could benefit from by using the most popular payment service in the world?

That's gonna leave you hanging on a lot of deals. I don't sell to anyone, of the many venues I use, unless they take PayPal.

Why bother waiting what might be weeks for a maybe check when you can get paid instantly?

Don't let a couple errors on your part be a deterrent for future benefits.

Which, in my mind, potentially equals "cancel transaction".

Still, are you really going to let a $30 mistake off-set the gazillions you could benefit from by using the, arguably, most popular payment service in the world?

That's gonna leave you hanging on a lot of deals.
Me, I don't sell to anyone, of the many venues I use, unless they take/send via PayPal. (or if local, cash in hand)

Why bother waiting what might be weeks for a maybe check when you can get paid instantly?

Gazillions. :s0114:

I've been using them for well over a decade, literally 100s of transactions, and never had a problem.

After some years of otherwise 'normal' service, I had a massive 'issue' with pp & ebay caused by them, ignored by them, made worse by them & I've found a way to live well without either of them for well over a decade. Not that they miss me, but I don't miss them either.:cool:

Why would you use a service that explicitly states such transactions are against their policy?

Reminds me of folks who say something like "plus 5% if using PayPal..."
Seems so many have never read the regs, then wonder why they're booted from the service.
th?id=OIP.nmKacdf16tIzoM1WGrOTUQAAAA&w=183&h=178&c=7&o=5&dpr=2&pid=1.jpg
Which, in my mind, potentially equals "cancel transaction".

Still, are you really going to let a $30 mistake off-set the gazillions you could benefit from by using the, arguably, most popular payment service in the world?

That's gonna leave you hanging on a lot of deals.
Me, I don't sell to anyone, of the many venues I use, unless they take/send via PayPal. (or if local, cash in hand)

Looks like you've answered your own question.......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top