JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, I cannot believe I have only 1 .22 mag right now ( Ruger single six) I wish I had a nice little savage or that one Winchester Single shot my Grand Dad had way back when I was a little guy! Never found out why he sold it, but I remember it being awfully fun and very accurate! I have been looking for a Hornet lately ( Thanks to Sgt Nambu) so I may need to add a .22 wm to the list of never gonna have enoughs!

Very cool!!!!!! I like those. I remember Glen's rifle. Looks like the same scope and everything. Is that the same barrel or did you replace it??? That's going to be a sweet little golf ball shoot gun...:cool:

lilhigbee..... I'm setting my Mossberg up kind of like your target rifle. I loved shooting your rifle last year. I'm hoping mine is at least 1/2 as accurate as yours:
IMG_0983_zpseix61qqp.jpg
IMG_0984_zpsoypia6jd.jpg

Finally found the rear aperture sight made for this rifle. They aren't cheap and they are hard to find.... Now the waiting game for the front sight to come in. Hopefully in time to get it dialed in and ready for our bi-annual rimfire shoot!!!!!!!;) I'm thinking the old chuckster looks better set-up like this vs. a scope anyway... Now I hope it shoots alright with these irons...:eek:

Well, I got the new sights on my Mossberg Chuckster and took it to the range today. She shoots pretty good for a plinking rifle. I really like the sight set-up, now I just need to practice more with them and become a little more proficient...:

IMG_0989_zpsx3okx0dm.jpg
IMG_1003_zpsppvgwklk.jpg
IMG_1002_zps4c34gdip.jpg
IMG_1001_zpslua51ap3.jpg

My single six has been with me since 1982. I bought it specifically for varmint hunting. I ended up packing it as a hunting guide in Montana. The barrel was cut down to 7.5 inches so it would fit into my Bianchi flap holster. I added very fine sights when I saw a Bearcat outfitted that way. It was great for hunting mountain grouse. The magnum cylinder was used for larger varmints like raccoon when running hounds. It has killed a few unlucky coyotes. I thought about upgrading this beater but it is too ugly to polish at this point.
I purchased a beater .22 Mag. a few years ago. It is a Savage 93 wood stock with a Leupold 2x7x28 standard reticle. I want to be the first kid on my block to bag a nutria.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top