JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, they're just protecting their interests you know. /sarcasm

The fedgov pretty much owns the student loan market now since the healthcare bill last year.

I am no fan of this kind of activity, but there has been a gross misrepresentation in this case. These are not DOE goons. The warrant was issued by the OIG...not the DOE. Federal warrants are issues for cases of criminal fraud or embezzlement...not default of student loans. Most major media sources have pulled this story because of the gross falacies that were included in it.

Still, this is just another example of why I am strongly against militarization of law enforcement. You just end up with goon squads that are forced to overreact to situations just to try and justify their own unjustifiable existence.

"All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door," Wright said.

A lawyer friend of mine once said that if people and institutions actually apologized it would cut the number of cases in half.

Well, I remember when the Dept of Ed bought the short barrel shotguns for their Office of the Inspector General. I just don't understand why the Dept of Ed can't use the US Marshals service like a lot of other federal agencies do....but that's just me. I see this as an example of someone wanting to play cops and robbers and convinced Congress it was a good idea...

Seems to be a massive overreaction for financial aid fraud. Maybe they were afraid of some tactical paperclips or something.

Seems to be a massive overreaction for financial aid fraud. Maybe they were afraid of some tactical paperclips or something.

Like I already said, these paramilitary law enforcement agencies have to overreact to situations like this to try and justrify their existance and to justify their desires to blow tons of taxpayer money on unneeded weapons.

Like I already said, these paramilitary law enforcement agencies have to overreact to situations like this to try and justrify their existance and to justify their desires to blow tons of taxpayer money on unneeded weapons.

They also get to decide whether or not to knock when serving a warrant which I don't like either. But you're right, how else could they justify buying a bunch of breaching shotguns?

Wow. I am sure glad that I was able to make good on my student loans! Went into default totally by accident, (thought I was still on a deferment) and played heck to get out of it. On the straight and narrow now, but boy, that messed me up for a while. But no visits by the loan police, thankfully.

Were they going to take the lady to a debtor's prison???

No, they would have taken her into custody to face federal charges. She is accused of committing federal crimes. The whole "they went after her because she defaulted on her student loans" thing is a complete falsehood. That is why the media has pulled the story from most sites. They got duped.

No, they would have taken her into custody to face federal charges. She is accused of committing federal crimes. The whole "they went after her because she defaulted on her student loans" thing is a complete falsehood. That is why the media has pulled the story from most sites. They got duped.

You are correct, the warrant authorized the seizure of any student financial aid documents, W2 forms and electronic communications.....which sounds totally worth breeching team at 6:00am with children in the house. In fact there intel was so good, the woman they were looking for was not even there. Totally justifies everything....thank you for your clarity:bsflag:

You are correct, the warrant authorized the seizure of any student financial aid documents, W2 forms and electronic communications.....which sounds totally worth breeching team at 6:00am with children in the house. In fact there intel was so good, the woman they were looking for was not even there. Totally justifies everything....thank you for your clarity

Not a single person has claimed the force used was justified, but that does not excuse using false information to further the story. Most media sites have pulled the story because the original story was riddled with inaccuracies and misrepresentations. The woman in question is wanted for fraud and embezzlement of government funds...not for not paying a student loan. That is an outright falsehood. Maybe you are okay with lies and propaganda as long as they support your opinions...I am not.

Not a single person has claimed the force used was justified, but that does not excuse using false information to further the story. Most media sites have pulled the story because the original story was riddled with inaccuracies and misrepresentations. Maybe you are okay with lies and propaganda as long as they support your opinions...I am not.

If were are going to do maybe's....Maybe you are totally fine with the Deptartment of Labor, the Export-Import Bank of the United States, the Tennessee Valley Authority and two dozen other federal agencies with OIGs can send a dozen armed agents to kick down your door?

In the meantime, here is a list of DoE prosecutions....go ahead and pick out the ones that are worthy of this kind of show of force.
Investigative Reports from the Office of Inspector General

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads