JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How do you carry your P320?

• Total voters
Not my intent to suggest wrong outcome. I view what I said as being what you said in a less precise vernacluar.
Right. I thought some people might not know what a grand jury is and might misinterpret. Didn't know myself till I started serving on juries.

What are the chances that one man has to defend his life with force while camping two times in the same decade? I camp regularly and know a lot of campers, and none of them have ever had to defend themselves with lethal force... when it happens to one man twice I cant help but wonder if the man might have something to do with it.
Regardless of the details, if it *were* while camping in Oregon, I would not be surprised.
I've camped (talking "roughing it") in AZ, CA, NY, PA, MA, MI, MN, WI, SD, MT, WY, ID, WV, NC, LA, WA and Canada. The wackiest, wild-west, fringe-r types I've ever met were here in OR, deep in the woods of the Siuslaw and Mt Hood National Forests.

Regardless of the details, if it *were* while camping in Oregon, I would not be surprised.
I've camped (talking "roughing it") in AZ, CA, NY, PA, MA, MI, MN, WI, SD, MT, WY, ID, WV, NC, LA, WA and Canada. The wackiest, wild-west, fringe-r types I've ever met were here in OR, deep in the woods of the Siuslaw and Mt Hood National Forests.
Sorry about that. We thought you wuz bigfoot...

I don't own a SIG, but the Glock was mentioned sooo.....I always fear that when SHTF, and I need to draw and protect myself, between my adrenaline dump and being amped up on fear and excitement, there is a slight, albeit real, possibility that I'll inadvertently skip that step about trigger discipline as I'm drawing and pop off a round into my shorts, so I generally carry my G19 with nothing in the pipe. I have practiced drawing and quickly cycling a round into the chamber so I like to think I'm not going to Barney Fife it, but do realize that I will be slower on the draw to first shot and need both hands to make it work. That's my choice, and although I've heard a hundred times that it's silly not to have one ready to fly immediately, I just feel it is "safer for me" to do it that way. If I had a 320 without a safety, I'd probably do the same thing, but it wouldn't prevent me from carrying it.

I don't own a SIG, but the Glock was mentioned sooo.....I always fear that when SHTF, and I need to draw and protect myself, between my adrenaline dump and being amped up on fear and excitement, there is a slight, albeit real, possibility that I'll inadvertently skip that step about trigger discipline as I'm drawing and pop off a round into my shorts, so I generally carry my G19 with nothing in the pipe. I have practiced drawing and quickly cycling a round into the chamber so I like to think I'm not going to Barney Fife it, but do realize that I will be slower on the draw to first shot and need both hands to make it work. That's my choice, and although I've heard a hundred times that it's silly not to have one ready to fly immediately, I just feel it is "safer for me" to do it that way. If I had a 320 without a safety, I'd probably do the same thing, but it wouldn't prevent me from carrying it.
You might consider safely learning & practicing single handed cycling.

Simply because of the possibility you may not have both hands available is all.

Might require modifying your gun to do so, dunno. However better to learn & not need etc...

You might consider safely learning & practicing single handed cycling.

Simply because of the possibility you may not have both hands available is all.

Might require modifying your gun to do so, dunno. However better to learn & not need etc...
There is no way I would carry without a round in the chamber and I still train/practice to that^^^, malfunction drills and what not.

I carry one in the pipe all the time as well. But I understand the apprehension for some. Whatever works for their situation but I just won't add an additional step into the mix.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top