JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kimber Custom posted some information about a Patriot's Day Appleseed in another Springfield Appleseed event a while back, but he only posted information about the Waitsburg, WA event there. I noticed there are still 21 tickets available to the Springfield event, so I was just wondering if anyone else here had signed up for it (and if not, why not?).

Here's the sign-up page for it: Springfield, OR Appleseed April 20-21, 2013 - Eventbrite
And the information page for the Emerald Empire Gun Club Appleseed events: Appleseed Schedule

Kimber's previous post about the Patriot's Day event in Waitsburg: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/st...springfield-weekend-3-23-24-a.html#post840990

Kimber's post also has a lot of good information on what to bring to an Appleseed, and a couple things that are special about the Patriot's Day event.

A couple differences that I know of between Springfield and Waitsburg are that you have to arrive at Springfield between 7:30 and 8:00 since the range doesn't usually open to the public until 10:00. And there is a $10/day range fee at Springfield. I'm not sure about Waitsburg, but Springfield is .22 only. If anyone needs some for the event, I'll have some extra available.

Checking weekend forecasts and looks like great Appleseed weather :s0155: Not too late to sign up for Coeur d'Alene, Waitsburg or Springfield. There's even one ticket for Coupeville.

The only limitation Appleseed puts on rifles is 8mm or less and no semi-auto .17HMR (recall safety issue). Sometimes the specific range puts further limitations such as Springfield is .22lr only. I haven't seen the range data sheet for La Grande yet so I don't know if they will allow center fire or not.

We recommend a semi-auto, magazine fed, .22lr with a GI style sling and adjustable sights; but we are not equipment snobs. Bring whatever you have. Tube fed, bolt action, pump gun: it's all good :D

Most of the shooting is done at scaled targets @25y and we go through around 400 rounds in a weekend so a .22 is more than adequate and cost effective. Everything we teach at 25 applies to 100, 400, 500+ distances. Every time you hear a professional talking about 'the fundamentals', that's what we teach.

:( I don't even have 400 rounds of 22LR for one kid, and there are two kids plus me. Oh well maybe by summer. Milton Freewater Oregon and Walla Walla Washington also have good ranges.

:( I don't even have 400 rounds of 22LR for one kid, and there are two kids plus me. Oh well maybe by summer. Milton Freewater Oregon and Walla Walla Washington also have good ranges.

We instructors tend to bring extra ammo to sell to shooters on the line for reasonable prices. Just let us know in advance that you will need it and we will do our best to drum some up for you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top