JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Skilled Marksmanship: An American Tradition

On April 19th, 1775 at Lexington and Concord, American colonists stood with muskets in hand and faced down the British forces that were marching that day. We are descendants of those fearless men and women who earned our freedom on the battlefield. We honor their pursuit of liberty by passing on the skills and knowledge that aided them in security it. Today's Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his/her heritage. Whether you're a new shooter or a seasoned marksman, Project Appleseed can help transform you from a person with a rifle into a principled and skilled Rifleman.

At Project Appleseed, we promote civic responsibility through the teaching of colonial history and the American tradition of rifle marksmanship.

Redmond, WA April 14/15 (only 2 spots left): citizen | Project Appleseed

Coupeville, WA April 21/22: citizen | Project Appleseed

Stevenson, WA April 21/22: citizen | Project Appleseed

I'm afraid the Dundee, OR April event is sold out; however, there is another on May 19/20: citizen | Project Appleseed

Ariel, WA April 28/29: citizen | Project Appleseed

The April Appleseed at Wolverton Mtn Gun Club was amazing!

Folks, if you are on the fence about an Appleseed Shoot, jump in! The Class was extremely organized and well run. The instructors are knowledgeable and friendly, and can help people at every level.

A quick recap of the first day:
We started off with the required paperwork, and some brief introductions. With that out of the way, we were introduced formally to all the instructors/RSOs, and the "Shoot Boss". Safety was #1 through the entire weekend, and we were given specific instructions about how to bring in our rifles, how to ready them, and we went through the 4 Safety Rules for the shoot.

We shot a bunch of different styles of targets through the day, each having a specific purpose to help you sight in or correct your position. They covered this in more detail when they explained what our groups meant, and what the "talking targets" were telling us.

Breaks and lunch covered the history of April 19, 1775. This is an important part of the class, and I wont spoil it for you! Suffice to say, the history on WIkipedia and what we learned in school, it is definitely not the whole story!

We finished each day shooting our AQT (Appleseed Qualification Targets) and a score of 210+ earned the shooter their Rifleman Patch, and a score over 230 with iron sights (or 240 with a scope) earned a Distinguished Marksman Patch. Both were awarded at this class. (Eh hem... Kimber Custom!! Huzzah!)

The class is First Rate, and I am already planning my next class!
-BandAid

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads