JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, it takes 4 AA batteries. There is also a small notch on the lower right side of the key pad. We don't have anything to connect into this and want to find out more about how it works, and if we can get a replacement charging cord.

Thank you
There's no charging cord - the safe takes standard AA batteries, the external battery pack is solely for a temporary way to power your keypad up in the event your batteries die in the inside door edge battery compartment and the safe is locked - it plugs into the port on the edge of your keypad. The other way to get inside the safe when your inside batteries die is using both keys. First insert the small barrel key into the override lock cylinder that's behind the plastic sliding cover on the front of the keypad. Turn the override key which will manually operate the override latch - " this is the same function that occurs when you key in your electronic code on the keypad" after turning the override barrel key, insert and turn your main key and the safe will open.
Are you needing the plug in battery pack? Or do you think the battery compartment on the door edge is bad? If so, why do you believe it's bad? I ask because if your keypad is not operating after replacing the batteries, it is likely a bad solder connection on the circuit board on the keypad. Very common issue with that safe keypad.

It's all working well. We saw the low battery on the screen and figured out where the battery pack was. Once the new batteries were in it was all good. We just didn't know what the external power source was for or how it worked. We didn't get anything that looked like it would plug in there. It's good to know about the 2 key option, we were not aware of that.
We were hoping to find a manual for it online but no luck.

Thank you !

I have a low battery in the keypad and I can't get the safe open. The safe was purchased at an estate sale and came with the original receipt but no keys.

The keypad accepts the default code but the lock doesn't open.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I have a low battery in the keypad and I can't get the safe open. The safe was purchased at an estate sale and came with the original receipt but no keys.

The keypad accepts the default code but the lock doesn't open.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Seems like:

...the external battery pack is solely for a temporary way to power your keypad up in the event your batteries die in the inside door edge battery compartment and the safe is locked - it plugs into the port on the edge of your keypad. ...

i bought a large Patriot safe about 4 years ago. I have learned recently that they have gone out of business. It has an electronic lock on it that I can't find another company that uses it. I would like to buy a spare to have just in case this one ever quits. It's a huge great fire rated safe. Anyone know anything to help. Below is a picture of the lock.
i bought a large Patriot safe about 4 years ago. I have learned recently that they have gone out of business. It has an electronic lock on it that I can't find another company that uses it. I would like to buy a spare to have just in case this one ever quits. It's a huge great fire rated safe. Anyone know anything to help. Below is a picture of the lock.
It is still made in China the lock and mechanisms only cost around $30. Here is the catch you have to order 10 and import/customs add fees another $250. Then add 6mo to a year to get it here

This is great news! What diameter and thread count fits?
Medeco cam locks only come in one diameter and they give you a nut with the lock They measure the same diameter as any cam lock but far as I know, only Medeco makes a high security 2" long cam lock

The lock in a Patriot safe is a bit longer so you hafta bend the cam a little

Last Edited:
I just signed up to this forum and will let whoever is interested know when they arrive.
Just for clarification, my safe has the rectangle lock exactly like the photo KIMFAB posted on Dec 6th. It's electronic with the main key and the over-ride tubular key behind the plastic cover that you have to slide off on the right side of the keypad. I will have the complete lock set(s). I had to buy several to get the (1) one I wanted...I'm replacing the entire lock. The keypad, and both key cylinders so I have extra keys.
If you still have these extras, I'm interested.

OK, here's the story: If I can get 2 (or more) people to buy with me, I can get them for $70 each which would include them shipping to me (from China) and me shipping to you within the US. Prob $5 cheaper (each) if I can buy 4 or more. They come with BOTH physical locks, not just the electronic parts. To buy just one is at least $100 (which I'll go ahead and do if nobody else wants to buy with me.) I will ask that you pay me when I make the order. Happy to refer you to my eBay feedback score if you have any concerns. I'll go ahead with an order around the end of the week with a quantity based on what I hear from any folks on this forum. If you order with me I'll keep you updated on tracking throughout the process.

View attachment 831197
Hey Ross, any of the lock pads left?

I just signed up to this forum and will let whoever is interested know when they arrive.
Just for clarification, my safe has the rectangle lock exactly like the photo KIMFAB posted on Dec 6th. It's electronic with the main key and the over-ride tubular key behind the plastic cover that you have to slide off on the right side of the keypad. I will have the complete lock set(s). I had to buy several to get the (1) one I wanted...I'm replacing the entire lock. The keypad, and both key cylinders so I have extra keys.
Hello, do you have any more of those locks left?

Can these safes be opened with only the digital combination and without the two keys?
Has anyone tried keys from another safe? Curious if either are interchangeable. I would guess not but looking on this thread maybe someone has tried it. I have acquired a patriot at auction no keys and keypad is dead. Was going to try the external battery supply and the default combos if that is possible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top