JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very cool. So, Glenn, I assume you won't want to go in on the group buy for the whole assembly but if I'm wrong let me know.
Ross, so that assembly would come with what exactly? I'm curious to know why the keys don't come with it; If the locks do, I'd expect the keys to come with it.
Also, how does one make keys from the blanks with a dremel? I could see if there was a working key already; copying that would be doable; however how would one use blanks if they got this electronic kit as well?

Thanks

Ross, so that assembly would come with what exactly? I'm curious to know why the keys don't come with it; If the locks do, I'd expect the keys to come with it.
Also, how does one make keys from the blanks with a dremel? I could see if there was a working key already; copying that would be doable; however how would one use blanks if they got this electronic kit as well?

Thanks

I believe it comes with everything, i.e. all of the electronics, two locks and two key for each lock. I never said it didn't come with that stuff. It's just that the other gentleman was looking for a way to buy just the keys without wanting all the electronic stuff and I don't know anything about making keys with a Dremel. That again came from someone else. I'm just ordering lock assemblies that I believe include everything noted above.

I believe it comes with everything, i.e. all of the electronics, two locks and two key for each lock. I never said it didn't come with that stuff. It's just that the other gentleman was looking for a way to buy just the keys without wanting all the electronic stuff and I don't know anything about making keys with a Dremel. That again came from someone else. I'm just ordering lock assemblies that I believe include everything noted above.

Ahh i gotcha; thanks! Have you had any others interested? If we get it down to 70; i'd prolly be interested in obtaining a spare.

Thanks

I copied mine with a dremel from a existing key

Hey all, before ordering I'm trying to get one more piece of information from the manufacturer. One person on this site said that he's not sure that the physical locks that currently come with this assembly are as long as the originals and therefore that they might not fit properly through the safe door. That wouldn't be an issue for me because I really only need the electronic part of all this and will reuse the original physical locks but for folks whose purpose includes replacing one or both of those physical locks then it might change the decision about buying. So let me get an answer from the company and I'll get back to you. Sorry for the delay. I know it's a little frustrating but since returning these things will likely be impossible (in part because shipping back to China will not be worth it) I want to make sure we all get what we expect to be getting.

I am also interested in a new keypad and keys. Right now I'd be happy to have the flat dimple key.

My battery is low and when the code is put in the lcd says open but the dial on the door won't move.

I got this from an estate sale and there is no telling what's in this safe.

Stay tuned

Thats odd because I bought 3 keys off of Ebay earlier today

here's some more places

I am also interested in a new keypad and keys. Right now I'd be happy to have the flat dimple key.

My battery is low and when the code is put in the lcd says open but the dial on the door won't move.

I got this from an estate sale and there is no telling what's in this safe.

Stay tuned

Some digital locks will allow you to enter the code twice in order to get the door open when the batteries are almost dead--have you tried to re-enter the code promptly following it failing the first time?

Hey everyone, so here's the situation: After 10 emails to the manufacturer and the vendor over a month I cannot get information to verify that the 2 physical locks are the same size as the original physical locks. It's clear that the electronics are the right replacement for the safe but I cannot verify that the physical locks are the same size until I receive the assemblies from China.

Of all the folks who expressed interested in buying one of these assemblies, I don't know for how many the physical lock part (versus the electronic assembly) is critical.

So here's what I'm thinking: If you want one of the lock assemblies no matter what, let me know that. If you only want one if the physical locks are the same size as the originals, let me know that. I will take a guess at that point as to how many I should order and I will order them without asking anyone for any payment in advance. When I get them I will install one to make sure it works and then I'll let you all know and it will be first-come first-served to buy one of the assemblies from me except the people who respond to this note saying that you want one will get first shot.

I can send pics and measurements of everything once they arrive. This way I won't put anyone in a position of paying in advance for something that could take some time to arrive from China given how messed up international shipping is right now. And this way, if you order one and pay for it I'll be able to get it shipped out to you within just a few days.

Please let me know by direct message or by reply to this post whether you want me to order one for you, and whether you want it no matter what or only if the physical locks are the same size as the originals. To be clear, I will NOT order one lock for every person who says they only want it if the physical locks are the same size because I don't want to end up with inventory of these things. I'm not in this business. Just trying to help some folks out who've had the same struggle I have. I'll probably order one set for every two people who say they only want them if the physical locks are the same. And I'll order one for each person who says he wants it no matter what...and I'm expecting you to follow through assuming my installation of my own lock shows that they work.

Best regards to all!
Ross

I would strongly recommend swapping out that electronic lock for a mechanical one. Just my preference, and I freely admit to being something of a Luddite. I know a great locksmith in the Tacoma area who has helped me out with both home door locks and safes. PM me if you want to discuss!

I would strongly recommend swapping out that electronic lock for a mechanical one. Just my preference, and I freely admit to being something of a Luddite. I know a great locksmith in the Tacoma area who has helped me out with both home door locks and safes. PM me if you want to discuss!
I've enjoyed the electronic lock for years and it has the physical override so I'm gonna stick with that. BTW, I live in Colorado so a Tacoma locksmith doesn't help me much! 😉

I've enjoyed the electronic lock for years and it has the physical override so I'm gonna stick with that. BTW, I live in Colorado so a Tacoma locksmith doesn't help me much! 😉
Oops! Missed that little geographic detail on your avatar - my bad. With safes as with guns: the best one to have ... is the one you already have on hand! Take care and good luck.

Unfortunately the Patriot safe is not equipped with a standard footprint for installing a standard mechanical lock

Hey all,

I have some news and a question.

News: I got the lock kits from China. They tried to literally double the price but I negotiated hard so it will only be a little more than I thought when I first talked about that on here. I'll have two "full sets" and two "just the front screen and circuit boards". I'll first get in touch with those who committed to wanting the sets and if there are any left I'll offer them to others. One note: The locks that currently come with the full set are too short to use with this safe. (They don't go all the way through the thick door.)

Question: I'm putting mine back together and I don't remember how to set up the lock with the circular key so that the safe can be opened without the combination using that lock and the other one with the flat key. Can anyone tell me how that smaller lock should be set up on the inside of the safe? See the picture for what it looks like...I just can't figure out how to get the unlocking function to work!

safe.jpg

The secondary lock should push that silver cam arm in your photo down which manually pushes the electric solenoid down...that thing with the coil and a silver tit on the top. You can see how it works by pushing it down with your finger. With it down it will allow the main arms that move when you spin the big wheel on the front of your safe to open it / retract all the bolts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top