JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks but no cigar. My safe looks like 001MAY12_zps720cd044.jpg

Mine looks like Michael's safe. That was just another pic. I tried the method mentioned in the madmax posting to no avail.
Still looking, thanks
I guess you can't edit your reply on this board

Been awhile since I've been back. I have the square lock as the above photo. So far it's still working. I make sure and change batteries every 5-6 months. The battery compartment is in the side of the door not in the lock itself. Would like to hear from others that have the same lock.

Sorry I don't. Did not come with one. If somebody has a user manual for the square style keypad lock could you post it here. Someone posted the round model book here so someone has got to have one. I had to call them to set mine up. They promised to mail me one but never did.

Michael, do you have the instructions for your safe to re-enter a new code?
I lost my manual and my batteries died so now I'm stuck with using the keys
For the Square style you are asking about I might be able to help.
The battery pack is only used for holding time and date and current password so you can actually get by without it. The alarm log and intrusion data are also stored in the memory but you don't need historical logs unless you're checking to see when others accessed the safe and how many failed attempts were made to get inside.

If you guys are stuck but have both of the factory keys then shoot me a note and I'll get you reprogrammed with new codes and time and date.

Mike and Kim I have the same model and my battery inside the door just went out and I lost the keys. Would either of you be willing to make me a copy of the key and send it? I would pay you of course. I also wonder if the keys are all the same or not? I looked for my manual and could not find it. My contact info is [email protected] I am totally stuck can't get anything out of it.

Yes I have both of my keys and so far they seem to work. I would appreciate programming info.

Dunno where I can get them copied but it would be the next time I go to Vegas I could call around and see who cuts the special keys.
I'm very afraid it wouldn't help tho looks like a lot of combos

Michael, do you have the instructions for your safe to re-enter a new code?
I lost my manual and my batteries died so now I'm stuck with using the keys

Here is one of two Youtube videos on programming the X-2400 lock. There are a couple related videos on there too.

Good luck with it. Merry Christmas!

I saved the two videos and thanks for posting that link. There is a second video that how To reset entry codes on it. Thanks again. For those that have lost your key to the covered right side of lock panel, use your battery pack that came with your safe to reprogram or gain entry.

Yes I have both of my keys and so far they seem to work. I would appreciate programming info.

Dunno where I can get them copied but it would be the next time I go to Vegas I could call around and see who cuts the special keys.
I'm very afraid it wouldn't help tho looks like a lot of combos
Thanks you are probably right that it would not be the same. I can't believe I lost them they look like computer lock keys

I saved the two videos and thanks for posting that link. There is a second video that how To reset entry codes on it. Thanks again. For those that have lost your key to the covered right side of lock panel, use your battery pack that came with your safe to reprogram or gain entry.
I don't think i have he battery pack what does it look like? I have a AC plug into the side bottom right of he safe but that only runs the light. I can't believe a double a battery has me locked out, do you think a lock smith can make a key for that special lock on the right?

Been awhile since I've been back. I have the square lock as the above photo. So far it's still working. I make sure and change batteries every 5-6 months. The battery compartment is in the side of the door not in the lock itself. Would like to hear from others that have the same lock.
I should have about 7 complete sets of these in about a month, the electronic lock, the main key cylinder with keys and the over-ride cylinder with keys. I did a lot of digging and managed to locate some, so I purchased them and should be here in January sometime. My safe lock died and I lost one set of the keys! So needless to say I have been super paranoid about losing that set of keys and being totally screwed. I will keep everyone posted that's interested in buying one as I will have extras. I did a lot of talking to make this happen!

I should have about 7 complete sets of these in about a month, the electronic lock, the main key cylinder with keys and the over-ride cylinder with keys. I did a lot of digging and managed to locate some, so I purchased them and should be here in January sometime. My safe lock died and I lost one set of the keys! So needless to say I have been super paranoid about losing that set of keys and being totally screwed. I will keep everyone posted that's interested in buying one as I will have extras. I did a lot of talking to make this happen!
I am very interested at least for the override key. Maybe the whole setup but then I would have no idea how to change it out if it ever failed.

I am very interested at least for the override key. Maybe the whole setup but then I would have no idea how to change it out if it ever failed.
It's super easy, take the inside panel off the door and swap out the lock with a new one - the locks I purchased should be coming with 3 keys each. Both the locks are just held on with a bolt. I looked everywhere for a key blank or a locksmith that had a machine that could even make a key for either lock if you had a key blank and no go. The tubular over-ride key is slightly larger in diameter than anything a locksmith has.

I just signed up to this forum and will let whoever is interested know when they arrive.
Just for clarification, my safe has the rectangle lock exactly like the photo KIMFAB posted on Dec 6th. It's electronic with the main key and the over-ride tubular key behind the plastic cover that you have to slide off on the right side of the keypad. I will have the complete lock set(s). I had to buy several to get the (1) one I wanted...I'm replacing the entire lock. The keypad, and both key cylinders so I have extra keys.

How do you get the inside panel or backing off I never really looked at it as I have all the hanging pouches on it. You have the Patriot 18 LEO I think that's the one I have, mine looks like the picture that was above.

Here's a photo of my safe lock. there's stainless steel machine screws around the perimeter of the panel on the inside of the door. If you pull the panel off the entire lock system along with the arms that move the bolts are exposed. It's actually very simple how it works, the over-ride key operates the tubular lock that normally is operated with the electronic lock / electric solenoid. After entering the correct code the electric solenoid is triggered which pulls in a pin that's blocking the horizontal bar. After that is triggered the main key will turn which allows you to turn the wheel to pull in the bolts....and then you can open the door. Yeah, my "safe jargon" is probably not totally correct, but seriously not that complicated if you are at all handy and have a screwdriver and a couple wrenches. I've been a commercial general contractor / building operations engineer and maintenance manager my entire life - so I'm always figuring things out and repairing them.

(edited by moderator to work on an image resizing issue, no content was deleted or edited)

safe lock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews