JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I almost had a major problem while cleaning my AR-15 tonight. I've been using a <broken link removed> with some success to clean my ARs and other guns. Tonight, I thought it would be a good idea to put a cleaning patch AND felt plug on the end of the thing (NOT a good idea, apparently). Hmm... seems to be a little snug, guess I'll just pull on it harder (stupid!).... and now it's really stuck (Argh!!!). Once this bugger is stuck in the barrel, you can't get a rod up the muzzle to push it back out because the cord is in there. You can't shove it through from the breech end because, well, it's really stuck. I managed to keep twisting & pushing the cable back up until I could get it threaded back out through the breech. I then shoved the patch/plug out with a cleaning rod. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I had visions of having to send it to the gunsmith or factory just to get the stupid thing out.

Anyone else had problems with cleaning snakes getting lodged? If so, how did you get it out?

To be honest, this is the first time I've had this problem - it's actually worked quite well until now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top