JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For all of you out there ( all 6 of us , probably :D ) who hunt with a patched round ball with their muzzle loading rifle , you might want to keep an eye out for your patch after you shoot your rifle.
I have never seen a smoldering patch actually start a fire....but I have seen plenty of smoldering patches.
Just tossing this out as a reminder.

For those that are new to muzzle loading and are shooting with patched round ball...the patch can usually be found about 6- 10 feet or so , on the ground in the direction of the shot.
Most of the time , the patches are not smoldering....
But with the fire season this year , you don't want to be "that guy"...:eek: :D
Andy

This is kinda funny seeing this cuz i shot pactch and round ball for the first time out of my cva optima last week. It accualy shot realy well. im kicking around doing a prong horn hunt with patch and ball

What about material that won't burn or would burn completely? Nitrated flash paper?

Nitrated flash paper works well for making paper cartridges for Muskets , Rifled Muskets and cap and ball revolvers ...but may be too thin to work as a patch to engage the rifling , when used as a patch for a round ball.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads