JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When they passed the ban in California requiring registration, they made it impossible to register those firearms to a trust. You people should relax until the actual bill is introduced, then you can explore your options.

I believe its the same in Canada also. I do not think its time to relax, check your options out. Maybe a trust will work if enacted before the law? If it comes it may not be in the form of a Bill but a Presidential Order. Thus no time or little could be expected.

I am trying to think ways around possible bans in future such as creating trust, putting the weapons into trust then adding kids to the trust later. any ideas? or suggestions

That's my plan. Cheap and easy, just going to use my NFA Trust as a template, change a few things, open a checking account and move everything in.

Greg

How is that trust going to work out if the ban says you can not?

If you put them in a trust there is "more" of a record of them.

The ONLY sure way to be able to transfer them to your heirs is to NOT register them, NOT talk about them, NOT show them off, NOT admit to having them and then when the time comes quietly give them to who you want.

how about the good ol' fashioned "give the guns to your kids and don't tell anyone about it"... seems to have worked really well for over a century.

an estimated 250+ Million firearms in this country. How many of them are even registered or have ever gone through an FFL? I'd guess a significant enough number that the "estimate" is just a "loose guess"

How is that trust going to work out if the ban says you can not?

If you put them in a trust there is "more" of a record of them.

The ONLY sure way to be able to transfer them to your heirs is to NOT register them, NOT talk about them, NOT show them off, NOT admit to having them and then when the time comes quietly give them to who you want.

Yeah, except that a trust isn't registered with any government agency. It's a set of papers that exists in a file drawer or safe somewhere until it's needed.

I didn't say they were registered, I said there was more of a paperwork. If you are using the trust to transfer guns then that paperwork will have to come to light somewhere along the line.

I am well versed in trust as I have an NFA one and I have considered doing what you are talking about. For me while the disadvantages are small they are still there so I chose not too. I was not saying you were wrong in any way. Just commenting on the opposite side so you have more information to consider before making your choice.

When they passed the ban in California requiring registration, they made it impossible to register those firearms to a trust. You people should relax until the actual bill is introduced, then you can explore your options.

Perhaps it's then smart to put the guns in the trust before such thing is forbidden. Of course there'll then be some additional legislation forbidding to add people to the trust (or however that's called).

Ah yeah, the fun of not going to the range and not NWFA'ing. :)

Perhaps it's then smart to put the guns in the trust before such thing is forbidden. Of course there'll then be some additional legislation forbidding to add people to the trust (or however that's called).

You misunderstood. California made it a felony to possess certain firearms if they were not registered to the person before certain date. If the firearms were owned by a trust, then the firearms were not registered to the person, thus possessed illegally. Basically there was no trust loophole available, firearms had to be registered to individuals or removed from the state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top