JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And, In those lofty clouds of enlightenment.

1669095001052.jpeg

This measure 114 is no joke as it'll destroy many mom & pop gun stores! The Oregon Firearms Federation has filed a lawsuit and hopefully it'll stop this law from going into affect because it's due to become law on Dec 8th! Already there are thousands of people waiting in queue and it's estimated to take at least 2 weeks now -- maybe more -- which is now December 5th -- maybe longer! Once Dec 8th hits, everyone not approved by then, won't be able to buy their gun unless they've already gone through all the other provisions of the law -- and none of those provisions are available yet -- and may not be for months! That effectively shuts down ALL gun sales in Oregon!
Yup, thats what all the douchebag libtards wanted, see this what happens when you dont vote.

7-round mag -1 in the spout
4x 7-round mags spare

35 rounds of 45. Isn't that really heavy?
I carry 8 round mags. That all steel Commander might be a little heavy, but a good belt and holster make it all day do-able, and I gar-on-tee you it will make a far better club than any polymer framed gun. :s0037:

My normal carry is a Ruger 380 with Buffalo Bore ammo 6+1. So on the carry part I'm good but this measure needs to be defeated. About a year or two from retiring and getting out of Oregon. This state is not where I want to be in my remaining years. Would rather live out of a van or broom closet in a state that cares more about personal freedoms. That includes no face diapers and other nonsense (forced).

That is making the assumption that if you ever DO get "stuck by lightening" that you WILL be charged with every possible infraction to the absolute fullest extent of the law... which... is not at all a given.

Using your firearm in the commission of a serious crime it's certainly quite likely, but say.... the victim of a SD encounter where you are fully justified... how likely is it that you'll be charged with a mag violation and see jail time... or even a CHL revocation?

If you live your life with the constant fear of "the worst possible case scenarios" in mind... that's a very fearful and unfullfilling lifestyle.

Just sayin.....
Technically you can carry it in your vehicle with one in the chamber and the >10 mags locked in a separate container as long as you are on your way to a range, shooting competition, or hunting. So yeah, there you go. God the stupidity of this law still has me in shock.
@Yarome think you and I already established we dont see eye to eye on this. Me I personally consider preparedness includes, planning for the aftermath of that unfortunate day if it ever comes. I will not hang my hat on "hope" it will work out, I plan exactly what I will do, say, go etc. I consider it part of the same responsibility that comes with carrying a gun. Just like the mental preparedness required to take a life, prepare for what is next if that unfortunate time ever happens. That is livening a very thoughtfully and fulfilling life, vrs blindly walking around with "I hope" as my plan. I will control as much as I possibly can, its my responsibly to my family and loved ones.

@HDR 10rd mag in your gun as as many 10rd on you as you wish. Its the 10+ mag in your car that has to be locked up separately from your gun why "traveling". The 10+ mag can go in your firearm once you are on privet property, gun range, competition, safety demonstration or hunting. This is why I will have my $34 hunting license as I will be on my way, in the process or on my way home from coyote hunting. Thus why my firearm has 10+ mag in it and others on my person when walking around in public.

@Yarome think you and I already established we dont see eye to eye on this. Me I personally consider preparedness includes, planning for the aftermath of that unfortunate day if it ever comes. I will not hang my hat on "hope" it will work out, I plan exactly what I will do, say, go etc. I consider it part of the same responsibility that comes with carrying a gun. Just like the mental preparedness required to take a life, prepare for what is next if that unfortunate time ever happens. That is livening a very thoughtfully and fulfilling life, vrs blindly walking around with "I hope" as my plan. I will control as much as I possibly can, its my responsibly to my family and loved ones.
It would appear you are cross posting threads, but nevertheless... it boils down to a difference in perspective on life, IMHO. Some people live in a constant state of fear of the "what if's"... no matter how small or how remote... while cutting of their noses despite their faces. Others try to measure risks and consequences and make measured decisions despite those fears or potential personal costs.

Control is an illusion.

I also feel a great responsibility to my family and loved ones.

IE., If my family or loved ones comes under imminent threat I know that having a limited supply of ammunition in my firearm may limit my ability to defend them. Having my mag in a lock box in my trunk will almost guarantee I will not even have the opportunity to respond to a threat. See where this is going?

When I weigh my responsibility and ability to protect my family on a daily basis against the extremely rare chance that I might one day get handed a slap on the wrist misdemeanor.... guess what my choice will always be?

You call it walking around blindly with "I hope" as the only plan. I call it walking around having made a conscious and measured choice of the risks and potential consequences without allowing myself to be ruled by fear.

Personally, I find it confusing how anyone would ever even consider limiting or possibly even precluding their ability to protect their loved ones... based on an unlikely fear... that really doesn't even amount to much if ever realized.

To say that choice isn't preparing properly for what comes next? Rediculous and shortsighted, IMHO.

To each their own. 👍

From the Top Potato himself. I believe this is allowed because it is firearm specific related. Also, his butt has been wiped.

Last Edited:
It would appear you are cross posting threads, but nevertheless...
@Yarome you are absolutely correct, this was a cross post. Some how your "QUOTE" stayed live I went to respond to this post later and your past threads "response" came in to this one. I mistakenly assumed it was in it from a page back as I interrupted and came back to the board later. We don't have the same definition of being prepared but can agree 100% this was a cross post that should not have come into this thread. For that I apologize as it was not needed to be rehashed.

@Yarome you are absolutely correct, this was a cross post. Some how your "QUOTE" stayed live I went to respond to this post later and your past threads "response" came in to this one. I mistakenly assumed it was in it from a page back as I interrupted and came back to the board later. We don't have the same definition of being prepared but can agree 100% this was a cross post that should not have come into this thread. For that I apologize as it was not needed to be rehashed.
Potato, patato... They're all 114 threads repeating the same conent in all these days. No worries. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top