JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lived in Oakland for 3+ years.

Let's see:

*Got hit and ran by a car(they stopped to see if I got hit... then sped off and ran 3 red lights)
*Had a pistol pulled on me while I watched 3 of my girlfriends get beat up and robbed under highway 24 underpass by 6 guys
*Had a pistol and then a shotgun pulled on me for my phone in downtown on 14th st
*3 kids tried to rob me on bicycles in downtown
*Last day in town before moving to Portland, my car got broken into and when I tried to start the engine, there was a cracked, filed down key in my ignition
*On the AC Transit bus, 2 kids pulled a pistol on a girl going home

And that's just some of my Oakland stories, that doesn't include my SF stories I've seen...

Honestly, I still love Oakland and California but enough is enough sometimes

Forget about concealed carry in California as well... you are pretty much defenseless. Maybe carry and axe around next time? Or maybe a baseball bat (of course with a glove and some balls... to tell the cops you just happen to be coming from a baseball game at the park) lol

For what is worth, I have lived in CA for 18 years and have not seen any violence, so I think it really depends on where your daily travels take you and at what hour. I am in a small town south of San Jose, and there are gangs in our town for sure, but I am not out after dark much so it remains hidden in the shadows.

I am moving to Monroe, Wa, so once again a small town and would be surprised if Monroe is any different than Morgan Hill.

Is Ca worse, probably, we have no CCW, and we have programs that attract the wrong sort of people, one of the reasons we are moving, that and the cost of living is out of control here.....

"I just want to change my life," the teen said. "I've been living this way for the past six years, and I finally came to my senses and realized it's not worth it."

Contreras-Gomez said he wants to change his life for his girlfriend and child and wants to make his parents proud.

Defense attorney Jim Egan said he has represented a number of young men over the years who were involved in gangs or shootings and had no desire to stop.

His client is not like that, Egan said, adding he believes Contreras-Gomez will turn his life around.

:s0161:

DID YOU GUYS HEAR THAT?

It was my BS alarm going off.

one in the chamber or its a club, that is a good lesson to walk away with from this article.

Why I carry a revolver if by some WILD chance in a million there wasn't a loaded round in the next hole coming up all I have to do is keep pulling the trigger until one does and the hammer hits it. I can do that with one hand missing if need be. And I can tell you if I draw that little .44spl and nothing comes out of the barrel I'll be pulling that dang trigger as fast as I can until something does. I'll know it too as the END OF THE WORLD BANG that comes out of that would be hard to miss. .44spl 2.5" barrel = LOUD NOISE

Pasco teen OKs plea agreement in park shooting - Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

Prosecutor Steve Lowe recommended the top end of the sentencing range -- a year in jail -- for the firearm charge and 90 days on the reckless endangerment charge, for a total of one year and three months in jail. Lowe agreed to allow Contreras-Gomez, who had been held in juvenile detention, to serve the time at the county jail on work release instead of being sent to prison.

w Paula Horton: 582-1556; phorton@tri cityherald.com
~~~~~

why didn't he just recommend that he be deported?

one in the chamber or its a club, that is a good lesson to walk away with from this article.

+1

I love it when people freak about one in the chamber. Seems like everyone is either far on one side or the other. He is very lucky he or someone else was not hit by the several rounds fired by the suspect before the victim chambered and fired.

+2 for licensed concealed carriers.

+2 for the prosecutors for what sounds like throwing the book at the shooter, and seeing the hero for what he is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top