JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought this old Harrington Richardson Top Break in .32 S&W and I have a few pieces that need to be replaced. If anyone knows where to get old parts online or from someone local that would be much appreciated. I still plan on having this looked at by a gunsmith to make sure it is safe to fire once I get the parts.

Looking for the

center pin for the trigger
rear sight piece
there appears to be 2 washers

I will post pictures tomorrow. Please send pm or reply to thread.

Thank you..

David

20151117_154457.jpg

20151117_192516.jpg

20151117_192715.jpg

20151117_192755.jpg

Last Edited:
All good sources in the event they come up short, Likely a DYI project, just look at it analytically and juxtapose the parts you need to every day items. pins can be made from drill bits, are cheap, and in a ton of just what you need sizes fractional, decimal, metric. grind a V in the shank beyond what you need and snap it off then grind to length. you'll need to determine the hardness for the job and possibly anneal or temper accordingly, with lots of online walk you through info on DYI heat treating. steel & brass washers can be found @ Parkrose hardware, Aircraft hardware are precision. stay away from stainless it is hard to rework with basic tools. Also, Plumbing stores have thin walled brass washers maybe try Mesher as most will need a part #. you can do a lot toward to resize with a drill press and file.

Thank you guys for the help. Yeah I have checked out those sites with no luck really. I work at Lowe's so I will take the parts in and take a look at the washers and drill bits to see what might match up.

I watched a video where a guy needed to harden a small steel part.
He hung the small part from a magnet and proceeded to heat it up with a torch.
When the part fell off the magnet and into a container of water it was hardened without guessing if it was the right color before quenching.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top